Suggest a phone under 25000

abhi17

Recruit
Hey Guys,
I have been a nokia user for the past 5 years....Looking to switch to android....I still have with me my nokia 6600....Tells you how rarely I change my phone....This time too I am looking for a phone which could keep me company for maybe 2-3 years(don't know if thats possible with so many updates coming every other month).

Below is the filled template :

1. Q: Budget?
A: Under 25K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Any

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Andriod

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, mails,internet,viewing documents.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A:

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Galaxy S or Desire S or Galaxy SL

Thanks a lot...:)

I dont think any other phone is coming closer to being a value for money phone other than HTC Incredible S in the specified budget.

The Good:

1) It has marked improvements over its predecessor, HTC Desire HD and has outdone the Lg Optimus 2x thanks to better optimization.

Mind you Lg Optimus 2x is dual core phone.

2) Camera is good for general and more than general usage. Best till date from HTC Camp.

3) Screen size of 4" is just the sweet spot and hitting the right note.

4) Screen gives you good impression and is very much a delight.

5) Youtube Vids over wi fi connection zipped. 512kbps connection and vids were the std issue of 360p.

6) Battery has been lasting definitely for one day.. usage included gaming, calls, browsing and updates.. all set to moderate.

Sore points:

1) The speaker dept.

First of all its a mono speaker system on this phone, and secondly the speaker crackles on notching up the volume levels. Experienced this on songs. While on calls it was fine.

i fail to understand how a company like HTC can botch this up.

2) HD Vid playing.

i tried playing an HD video from mem card.. small in size but it still stuttered. was a turn off but other than that other movie files were running flawlessly.

The phone is quite fast, and optimization has been done neatly to utilize the RAM.

Doesnt gives you the 'Premium' feel like say Galaxy S i9000 when it was launched, but definitely a satisfactory purchase.

If not the Incredible S, then it has to be the Desire S.

havent used it but from the reports it seems to be a very good handset. Stunningly beautiful as well.

I think the Incredible S is more than 25K and also the only difference that I saw between Desire S and Incredible S was the 8MP camera in Incredible and maybe the video recording.
Desire S looks good....but can the wifi problem in desire s be corrected?

One more thing....Desire S has 1.1GB ROM whereas others have more than that..Does this have an effect on the performance of the phone?

Answer to the last question first.. Nope.

The performance shouldnt be affected.

About the wi fi issue, i dont think that issue has a remedy till date. Reminds me more of the iphone 4 problem of signal reception.

but i wouldnt take a chance. If i am not in the range of a good signal strength, i would be left high and dry OR if i am holding the phone casually (read tilt as well as near the body) the signal goes totally down south.

This is akin to be taking a chance to reduce the device with no wi-fi capabilities at all. and many minor bumps really going to prove a deal breaker with this phone. Battery backup hasnt been reported to be upto the mark, Camera is good for average usage (Incredible's is ahead by a good couple of yards)

I rechecked with the Incredible S speaker phone and this is its weakest point i believe. Phone really should have carried a price tag of Maximum 22-23k but what to do of these companies..

The volume of incoming call's ring just wont go to the desired level.. as if a mono speaker wasnt enough. i switched back to my nokia n79 and immediately the difference was more pronounced. More so the effect on ease of use got underlined.

Apart from that Incredible S is really incredible. It ll cost you 25500 in the retail and if u purchase via letsbuy, you can pull it under 25k.

Thanks a lot man....its always better to get a review from one who has used it earlier.....unlike all the reviews out there....each saying something different....making the task of choosing much more difficult.

Incredible S does sound good but why isn't it popular yet or are people waiting for the dual core?

When are these two models expected...and what could be the possible prices of these models?

Back