Suggest a qwerty within 12 K !

Hi guys,

Please suggest a mobile phone which must have the following :-

1. QWERTY keypad
2. good music phone with bass
3. easy to handle ( major use for sending sms )
4. Touch would be a bonus.
5. Max 12 K
Thank you

You can also look at X10 Mini Pro. The only gripe I have with that phone is the display quality.

Even I was looking for a phone with similar requirements. Though I wanted it to be Android and preferably white in color. Otherwise as pointed out by Roxtin, E5 is a good choice too.

E5 is a business phone, also non touch. A girl would be using this phone, so i guess E5 would not an appropriate option in my opinion.

X10 Mini Pro seems to be a good option. Any other phone ?

Thank you

E5 is a business phone, also non touch. A girl would be using this phone, so i guess E5 would not an appropriate option in my opinion.

X10 Mini Pro seems to be a good option. Any other phone ?

Thank you

Galaxy 551 is the way to go. But spending 12k on a phone means that getting a full-touch phone should be more preferred than a QWERTY one.

Best to stick to low-end phones like the C3 & Chat 322.

Get a BB Curve 8520.

The Curve 8520 is even available in Purple/Red and would appeal to the female.

Or else, you may opt for the White 8520. I have seen a lot of females flaunt the Purple/Red/White BB 8520s. :eek:hyeah:

BTW, the E5 is a really neat option as well. It is also available in White and looks chic in that colour.

Roxtin said:
Blackberry is no use without the data plan. So one would have to shell 599 + taxes over your call plan to enjoy the BB.

Agreed. In fact, I has said the same thing in some other thread where someone had recommended a BB. But a BB plan is not necessary for owning a BB unless email is a major concern.

Here, messaging is the most important requirement and I personally like the 8520's keypad (with separate well spaced keys) over the E5's keypad.

Plus the colours are something that appeal to most females. :D

Frankly BB is a completely useless phone unless you get the BB services for free.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
But a BB plan is not necessary for owning a BB unless email is a major concern.

Here, messaging is the most important requirement

If messaging is the only requirement then someone might as well get a Micromax for 3-4K. When you are spending over 12K on a phone then you expect more than messaging and emailing.

BB Messenger and Email are not the only two things you will be missing out on if you don't take the BB plan. You won't even be able to download the applications (which anyway are pathetic when compared to android based).

Unless the person is hellbent on BB Messenger to chat with the brain dead herd of friends, a BB phone is a strict no for a casual user.

Well, BB would attract some extra cost. Also not much use of mailing would be there for the user. i guess xperia x10 mini pro or samsung 551 would be better option. Again in E-5 sound quality is not that great when we compare with x10. Any other handset or should i go ahead with either of the shortlisted.

Thank You

coolcatric said:
Well, BB would attract some extra cost. Also not much use of mailing would be there for the user. i guess xperia x10 mini pro or samsung 551 would be better option. Again in E-5 sound quality is not that great when we compare with x10. Any other handset or should i go ahead with either of the shortlisted.

Thank You

If that is the Shortlist, you can safely go ahead with the 551. It has some real good build quality especially for the slider.

I personally have doubts about SE build quality as my experience with the older Walkman phones from SE has been bad atleast as far as build quality is concerned. :(

malhotraraul said:
how about used Motorola milestone ?
It won't be a good option unless it has been used really well. I had a milestone that was used really carefully and didn't have any scratches that I traded in while buying the Desire. I had hardly used the slide out keyboard... less than a dozen times maybe. :p

But a friend who had purchased the Milestone with me and used it extensively has issues with the slide out keyboard as it developed a serious play with use. :(

Back