Suggest AA Charger for Canon SX20IS & Memory Card

unni

Adept
I will be getting my new Canon Powershot SX20IS this Monday (hurrayyyy:D). I want to buy a set of 4 rechargeable AA batteries, charger and a 16 GB memory card, preferably from ebay or some other online store.

I have almost decided to go with this card. But I am not sure which charger should I go for.

Please give me your suggestions.

well if u are shutterbug then get batteries that have high number of charge/discharge cycles like the sanyo eneelop and sony Blue cycle energy batteries.

if u use ur camera only for some events they get a battery that has a high amphere capacity like the sony 2700mah batteries.

Go for the Sanyo Eneloop batteries. I am using it with my Panasonic LZ8.

For card, get a class 6 one as it is to be used in camera.

thanks guys.

i'll go for a class 6 card and sanyo eneloop battery & charger. i saw many of these camelion chargers in ebay. so i thought it might be some very good company i never heard of before. :)

I have been using uniross express -300 charger which came with 2 AA 2500 Amp batteries, people whom i asked for suggestion talked bad about uniross, no idea why, but its been running smooth for more then 1.5 year now, i use it in nikon coolpix. this set costed me Rs.616 including shiping from futurebazaar.com

It gives more then 100 shots in a single charge, i have tried upto 100, maybe the number can go up.

Thanks guys for your replies.

Will I able to recharge another make (such as Sony) with the Eneloop charger? Also, the ebay link provided by FaH33m says charging time is 16 hours. Will it take that long?

unni said:
Thanks guys for your replies.

Will I able to recharge another make (such as Sony) with the Eneloop charger? Also, the ebay link provided by FaH33m says charging time is 16 hours. Will it take that long?

yes u can charge a sony with a eneloop charger,i believe the 16 hr is the time take to charge 4 batteries of AAA size.

i have a sony charger that i got with a camera which charges at 400mah it used to charge 2500mah AA size batteries in around 7 to 8hrs.

I got Sanyo Eneloop charger from Croma. Charger with 2 2000 mAh batteries was Rs. 900. 2 extra batteries (same 2000 mAh) was Rs. 450.

According to the manual that came with the charger, the charge timings for different battery types are as follows:

Eneloop AA (2000 mAh)-10 h

Eneloop AAA (800 mAh)-8 h

AA (2700 mAh)-13 h

AA (2500 mAh)-12 h

AA (2100 mAh)-10 h

AA (1700 mAh)-8 h

AAA(1000 mAh)-10 h

AAA(900 mAh)-9 h

Still looking for a MicroSD class 6 16GB card (for my mobile) though. Can't find anyware, no shops, not even in eBay. :(

Back