Android Suggest alternatives for stock android apps

I'm familiar with spg neo hybrid. I'm currently using ringke slim. Most probably gonna import spg crystal Shell. A few dbrand skins are already on the way. Ordered weeks before n5 launch in India. How much damage for the neo?
around 2100 -[DOUBLEPOST=1385795293][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's a good email app for android. Something like the default iOS app. The default Google app is too colourful :p
there's one email app - although have not tried myself.

Whats a good replacement dialler app for Android. The default app is broken at least for me. Having been used to iPhone want something similar or better considering the real estate. Want favourites and contacts tab together with a diaper tab. Or is it just me not able to figure out the way around the android dialler app.

Want ad free... Won't mine paying/purchasing from Appstore.

Whats a good replacement dialler app for Android. The default app is broken at least for me. Having been used to iPhone want something similar or better considering the real estate. Want favourites and contacts tab together with a diaper tab. Or is it just me not able to figure out the way around the android dialler app.

Want ad free... Won't mine paying/purchasing from Appstore.

Try Swipe Dialer Pro

I had been on iPhone for past 3.5 years and I have just turned to the other side. Its not even been a week and I miss my iPhone. Seriously if you don't want the 5" real estate don't jump. Its not that android is bad its just that a long term iPhone user wont like the change so much.

Yes there are same or similar app store apps but basic things like the dialer, mail and SMS are broken or let's say not as refined as an iOS app. And these are basic things which people do on their phone. I am still to find a polished app for using mail. And then there are battery issues.

Yes there are same or similar app store apps but basic things like the dialer, mail and SMS are broken or let's say not as refined as an iOS app. And these are basic things which people do on their phone. I am still to find a polished app for using mail. And then there are battery issues.

sorry but I totally disagree to these above points..
what do u mean by polished app?

I had been on iPhone for past 3.5 years and I have just turned to the other side. Its not even been a week and I miss my iPhone. Seriously if you don't want the 5" real estate don't jump. Its not that android is bad its just that a long term iPhone user wont like the change so much.

Don't use SMS with hangouts. Disable it. It gives you choice. You have normal messaging app too.

Thanks
That's exactly what I do not want to do: install 3rd party apps for basic functionalities to get the 'polished' feel!
Is the difference in screen size that significant: from 4.5" to 5" when playing games and browsing/reading online?

@Switch

It is probably not a problem with android but most iPhone users have got used to the simple and 'just works' functionality that they expect the same everywhere and in most cases they don't get it.
May be give yourself time and it should sink in. But yes for using basic functionality, one should not really be thinking about anything from 3rd party.
I too faced lot of "WTF" moments when I used to in between use my low powered zte blade. The next moment I pick up iPhone and I feel back at home.
I would say stop comparing with iPhone and try to make android work because comparing will only worsen things for you (although you cannot avoid them altogether).

IOS vs android is an endless discussion like infinite number of other comparisons. Here every android user will tell the merits of android with which you would mostly disagree.
In simple terms if you don't like the default apps or tools then you can always replace them with other alternatives. You are so open with the Android. You don't have keep yourself satisfied with the defaults always.

Thanks
That's exactly what I do not want to do: install 3rd party apps for basic functionalities to get the 'polished' feel!

Having alternatives to everything is always a great thing. And one company cannot make everything perfect so that's why millions of developers are there for. Even apple is perfect is every aspect.

Is the difference in screen size that significant: from 4.5" to 5" when playing games and browsing/reading online?
Yes it does creates a difference when you see a 1080p (with 445ppi) display rather than a 640p (~320ppi) display.

Back