Graphic Cards Suggest an el cheapo Graphics card (sub 2k) for net surfing rig. :P

Can someone suggest me an el cheapo GFX card, preferably sub 2k. Building a secondary net-surfing cum download rig based on Athlon X2 4600+, Asus M2N68-AM Plus, 2 gb ram and 320 gb hdd. :p

Just want something that will handle casual net surfing @1440x900 res and occasionally HD movies.
Wont use the onboard NV geforce 7025,cos dont want to share precious memory. :p

Desecrator said:
eBay India: SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON HD4350 512MB DDR2 PCIE HDMI HD 4350 (item 180537179834 end time 31-Jul-2010 11:47:52 IST)

:p

Slightly >2k but works brilliantly for HD movies. Can as well double up as a temporary GPU for you main rig you had assembled recently. :p
Thanks, Ganesh. :D

Btw, had bought the HD4670 for the main rig, according to your suggestion. :p Have yet to assemble the Phenom II X4 955 rig though. :ashamed: Work is killing me. :( Probably this weekend will build it.

Actually, i do have a spare gfx card from my C2D rig. Its a XFX 7600 GS. But of late, its showing weird banding occasionally. So I decided against using it.

As for this 'El cheapo' rig :

Got the M2N68 AM Plus mobo for 2.2k.

The 4600+ was bought 2 yrs back and was eating dust, so thought of putting it to use.

Have spare gskill 2gb DDR2 667 ram sticks as well as the 320 GB WD hdd. :p

Monitor is a spare Viewsonic VG1930WM from my previous system. (Got the Dell s2009W for the Phenom rig. Thanks for your advice. :) )

The PSU is a VIP golden 400w,again from my previous C2D system. :p

So basically, my expenditure on this system till now is only 2.2k for the mobo. :lol:

Desecrator said:
LOL what are you smoking! The price in eBay is 2325 INR shipped. Check again. :p

@Ryan: We have a Bombay meet scheduled to happen this Sunday 3 PM at Candies, Bandra. please do make it. More details here - Mumbai meet 1st Aug10, Candies (Pali hill)

:)

Ah! Mumbai Meet..:D Will try my best to make it,Bro. :) I'm from Navi mumbai, and just hope rains do not ruin any plans, cos its been raining pretty bad here for over a week now. :| Maddy is from Vashi,IIRC. So will catch up with him on the way. :)

If you haven't built your rig yet, please wait until Sunday so maybe I can join you as well. If you are willing to i.e. :ashamed:

I will be stay put at Nerul, SBI quarters. I am free on Sunday. Please PM me your number. TY. /OT

Btw, Ganesh and Maddy, can a 8400 GS handle HD movies? Just called Prime ABGB and they have a 8400GS for like 1.6k. :p I know, .7k aint too big a difference, but lol have spent way more than i had planned. :ashamed: The mobo, dell monitor and now this GFX card was no where in the shopping list and now its adding up to a good 10k+ extra. Had thought of building this secondary rig as just a cheap sidekick. So trying to cut costs in every possible way. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
If you haven't built your rig yet, please wait until Sunday so maybe I can join you as well. If you are willing to i.e. :ashamed:

I will be stay put at Nerul, SBI quarters. I am free on Sunday. Please PM me your number. TY. /OT
Hey bro, no probs at all. Will PM you my number. :)

Back