Audio Suggest an IEM for BassHead ~2k INR

satishinti

Disciple
I need suggestions for a good IEM (for Clip+) with lots of bass(Quantity and Quality) but not muddy.The mids and highs are not a priority.
I will be using it for mostly Indian music.
It should be available in India, mostly i will purchase online.
My budget will be around 2k.

As i like sony products i am considering the SONY MDR-XB21-EX(price 2k), does any one have any idea about this. I think this is the next version of SONY MDR-XB20-EX which has good reviews(in Head-Fi) for bass and SQ but bad fit. so this has been revised with new version XB21 it seems.

Also considering Brainwaves-M2, Hippo VB(but not available anywhere),Hippo Boom.

Any other alternatives please suggest.

@Alpha17: thanks for the advice

how about Meelec M31 over Brainwavz M-2 for bass.... which is good....

and any sony product reviewers out there....?

M2's bass has quality, has a mid-bass hump, well controlled, does not have great punch or extension.

M31 has good quantity, but is very uncontrolled in the sub-bass region. It does have good punch, but at times (even after EQ and keeping volume low) can be a bit too much to handle. It does move a lot of air and most times, you can feel the bass than hear it.

Overall, M2 is geared towards giving a warm, fatigue-free signature with forward mids. M31 is more towards the bass-head who does not care too much about the mids. Mids and treble on M31 are not bad once equalized, but they are more of a casual listening IEM than a critical listening device.

If you want both, but in a controlled manner, there's Eterna - huge mid-bass bloat, good extension, yet does not bleed into mids and make it warm. Much like M2 is not fast, thick sounding and not too detailed. On one hand, it has the sound stage which M2 / M31 does not have. On the other hand, it's mids are not exactly great once you EQ the bass out and treble too is rolled off. But for those who enjoy humongous bass, Eterna is all "fun". But the damn thing is very hard to get.

On the other end is Hippo VB - clean, swift bass that is oriented towards the sub-bass region, yet due to the very nominal mid-bass quantity keeps the mids clean. It's recessed, neutral mids are again not to everyone's liking nor is the hot, sibilant treble. It's not bass 'heavy', but certainly unique - one of the reasons why it still sticks around in my collection even after I've had many, many IEMs after it.

Back