Suggest Android phone with the budget of <10k

nac

Adept
1. Q: Budget?
A: 10k. If need to relax, may be few hundreds.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any. Preferably Bar.

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Anything good. I don't know what are the available types/size. As good as possible in this budget.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Any popular brands. (Samsung/Motorola/Sony/Nokia...) A BIG NO to korean/chinese models.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Keypad. (OK if it comes with both keypad and touchscreen). Is it true keypad last longer than touch?

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required. No specific type. As good as possible in this budget.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: Must 3G. It's better if the phone comes with features (additional) like Wi-Fi, GPRS, Bluetooth. It's good if it comes with 4G. ;)

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Other than calls and SMS- Music player, Camera, and the most important thing is the phone should run G-talk (audio/video chat) and other social network applications. (I think if net connection is available, we can use G-talk).

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: NO CDMA. Single SIM is enough. If if comes with dual SIM, it should be ACTIVE not STANDBY.
Internet browsing, Email, Video recording, Video calling, FM, Memory Slot, Speaker, map, GPS. Important - Global roaming support.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: No. I don't have any clue on Android models.

This is for my sister. She has never used mobile other than basic models from Nokia. She will buy in two or three days. So your suggestion, opinions needed before that. I may have list out too many features in this budget. You suggest a model and mention the features I mentioned are not available. I have never used/suggested a mobile worth 10k and I have no idea about Android. Some of the key points are it should support global roaming, social network application.

Suggest a good model which has the above features with good battery life. Point out what I should consider like updating OS/software application etc...

Thank you...

Are you stuck on the keypad thing? Because that limits you options with regards to Android. Most of these phones aren't very good

-There's the Samsung Galaxy Pro. Hard to find this model nowdays but it should be around 8.5k. Solid all round phone, great for social networking and whatsapp/gchat (if youre lucky you'll find it cheaper)
-LG Optimus Pro at around 10K. Very simiilar to the Galaxy pro in terms of specs and perfomance. Has better looks though
-The Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro at around 10k. Has an old version of Android though. Ok phone spec-wise but looks great

Ask your sister to try typing on a touchscreen for a day or two if possible. Took me a day to get used to typing on a touchscren even with haptic feedback on.

Also, the HTC ChaCha is a great phone but is way over your budget at around 15k.

1. Lg Optimus Net: Decent screen and processor okayish camera : 10k

Flipkart.com: LG Optimus NET P690: Mobile

2.Htc Explorer : Almost same as above: 10.8 k. Comes with sense UI makes it better for newcomers and for social networks.

Flipkart.com: HTC Explorer: Mobile

3) Dell Xcd 35 : 8.7k

Flipkart.com: Dell XCD35: Mobile
Unlike others It comes with andoroid 2.2 OOB but does have considerably better screen

Ok, just saw he wants a Keypad + touchscreen. Then you can go as suggested above

regards,
aka

If with a keypad I would suggest the LG C660 ~ 9k. Flipkart.com: LG Optimus Pro C660: Mobile

If you want a full touch phone get the HTC explorer. Excellent customized skin.

Buy HTC Explorer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews Use coupon code 'AMEXLB' to get 1k off.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If with a keypad I would suggest the LG C660 ~ 9k. Flipkart.com: LG Optimus Pro C660: Mobile

If you want a full touch phone get the HTC explorer. Excellent customized skin.

Buy HTC Explorer at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews Use coupon code 'AMEXLB' to get 1k off.

Nanoneo,

Thanks for the suggestion. OK, If we can rely on touch screen. Green signal to full touch.

Xperia Mini Pro costs around 15k. It looks good. :)

Aka,

Thanks for the suggestion. Since the first two are the latest version, I stick with the first two.

Darkangel,

Thanks for the suggestion. OK, I go with full touch. I guess, full touch models comes with virtual keypad.

I came across a model from Samsung, Galaxy Y S5360. It comes with 2.3 and cheaper than LG Optimus Net and HTC Explorer. What it lacks when compared with LG and HTC? If it has the same features, can I go for Samsung?

I keep these two models in my list. I don't know which one to buy. Your suggestion will help to pick one...

Is it better to go on and buy Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 against HTC Explorer?

It seems like Samsung has almost everything which HTC has. So why pay more to get a similar one. Am I missing anything?

Just found out that these mobiles don't have front camera so don't support video calling. Even if supports what's the use as the camera is facing somewhere. If keep the camera facing our face, we can't see the person who is on other side. :)

But I couldn't find any mobile phone with front camera in this price range. :( If you guys know any model, let me know.

Back