Security Software Suggest Best USB Toolkit – Win 10/11

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Our Computers – Desktops/Laptops can create various problems & BREAKDOWN – from BSOD to malfunctioning of drives, RAM corrupted, viruses, malwares, system failures... etc and thus Restoring/Repairing the system & Data Recovery is our biggest nightmare.

BUT THERE ARE SOME SOLUTIONS - BUILD YOUR OWN USB TOOL-KIT!

What, in your opinion & experience (newbies & advanced users) is the easiest & best way to have those Diagnostic Tools akin like a Swiss Army Knife in an emergency that can HELP us get onto a single USB flash driveA MUST HAVE FOR TE-Enthusiasts, Technicians/Engineers.

Normally – it is recommended to have an 128GB USB flash drive to house this toolkit. Is this right or can lesser capacity flash drives also serve the purpose ?
Of course Rufus is needed for building the Toolkit (in some cases) and

Here is a list of some WinPE Tool-Kits that I have come across (not in any order of priority) and you may add to this list – especially if you have used it.
  • Sergei Strelec
  • Easy2Boot
  • Ventoy
  • Medicat
  • AOMEI PE Builder
  • Britec Repair tool

All these have tutorials on youtube

Terence (Terry)

Note: I have NOT TESTED any of these but wish to do so ASAP in the next few days. Over 15-20 years ago - I depended on various individual PC diagnostic softwares that I stored on a CD & it served me well then - esp for Data Recovery (even if it took 5-6 days of runtime and using multiple unlocking encryptions :oops::smiley:

Last edited:
Back from yr 2k14 - 2k17 I created 2 massive winpe boot isos based on xp and 7 from scratch which had every dream tool incl. hirens boots + my own added tools & it got very popular around. Lost the entire source etc. in a some drive failure. And then no interest continuing further as lost it all so no time to gather every bits and take it further..

Back from yr 2k14 - 2k17 I created 2 massive winpe boot isos based on xp and 7 from scratch which had every dream tool incl. hirens boots + my own added tools & it got very popular around. Lost the entire source etc. in a some drive failure. And then no interest continuing further as lost it all so no time to gather every bits and take it further..
Yes Hirens Boot was great

I've been using Ventoy since I came to know about it.

I always have a couple Linux ISO's (usually MX Linux and something else) in that. The best thing is that the pen drive can also be used as a general purpose storage.

Hiren bootcd was my way to go for such task during 2010-2012 with dell 1525. Used for removal of bios password, booting window minixp when window 7 got corrupted. So many memories...

Just putting it out there for someone who missed it. HBCD got a reboot sometime back and the current version is based on Windows 10 x64 PE. Still good and I use it often, check it out.

Also, always have a Linux based ISO, systemrescueCD, MXLinux etc just in case.

And please switch to Ventoy (or an alternative), no one should be raw writing ISOs to pen drives anymore

Back