PC Peripherals suggest best wifi repeater

I use this....
My Samsung TV uses 5ghz and it works perfectly well. My android box uses 2.4ghz without issues.
There is also a cheaper alternative RE 200 model without antennas. I have got positive feedback from a friend who is using this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-04-18-57-57-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-04-18-57-57-48.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 156
I use this....
My Samsung TV uses 5ghz and it works perfectly well. My android box uses 2.4ghz without issues.
There is also a cheaper alternative RE 200 model without antennas. I have got positive feedback from a friend who is using this.
Are there any issues with signal drop or speed drop?

I own a RE200 V3. The issue is it doesn’t have one mesh WiFi support which is really helpful when you move from one room to another. With one mesh WiFi automatically switches your signal to the repeater when you move to next room. RE200 doesn’t have that feature and hence creates one more WiFi access point with suffix as _EXT to the SSID of the main router. Its a consideration for purchase

I use this....
Doesn't this cost as much as an Archer C6? Also the ethernet jack support only 100Base-T whereas the Archer C6 have gigabit ports. Apart from the clean looks, a router would be a much better option if you want to use it as an Access Point in the future.

@SPIMaster
It did cross my mind, but then it's not practically possibly as I have three big walls from my router to TV which translates to one bar of signal on wifi.
Using C6 as access point would mean drilling holes which would mean asking for trouble from household members.
Right now I am on 8mbps line which comes to 6.5 at home. So far satisfied.
I might think of some arrangement if speeds reduce drastically of what is meant to be offered. Still waiting for a 100mpbs line..

Back