CPU/Mobo suggest combo.. cpu, mobo & ram

EscSysRq

Adept
Hi guys!
Kindly suggest a overclocking combo as i am on a very tight budget, I wont be overclocking immediatly though till i arrange right cooling hardwares. components suggestion required are as Cpu, Mobo and Ram, rest of the description is as follows..

What is your budget?

What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
-A laptop

Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
-CPU - Intel i5/ suggest
-RAM - 8 gb /suggest

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
-No

Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Local or online

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
-HD Gaming

Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
not as such, stability is a major concern

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
some Dx11 titles ...

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
Desktop - FHD

Are you looking to overclock?
YES

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

Are you writing a research paper on overclocking? Please clarify the purpose of overclocking. "Primary" concern can only be one out of stability and overclocking, in general. Particularly so if your budget is 20K.

actually i am unaware of current VFM releases, was out of scope of these discussions, browsing relevant threads though .. you could give your suggestion from amd side as well.

Under 20k the only option is an AMD FX proc. From the Intel side, you need a 'K' processor to overclock, and the cheapest K processor is ~16k.

Back