OC & Modding Suggest CPU cooler or AIO

nRiTeCh

Skilled
HI guys,
Referring to my this thread kindly suggest me either CPU cooler or AIO to cool my Ryzen 5600x.

I even heard that AIOs work less efficient compared to traditional coolers so clear the air as well as dont want to end up getting compromised!

If anyone has any for sale do pm me and we can seal the deal.

Budget for new:
Cooler: 4.5k
AIO: 8k

Deepcool's AS500. The single tower design's heatpipe orientation (and size) is uniquely aligned with the CCX of Ryzen processors, giving it an advantage over dual tower coolers that have their heatpipes in a perpendicular orientation like the Noctua D15. I was able to experiment with this on an Intel HEDT system (where you can rotate cooler orientation much more easily than on an AM4 motherboard). Temps were lower when the CPU die was spread across multiple heatpipes instead of one or two heatpipes. You'd think temperatures would normalize with the heatspreader and/or cold plate but I've learned that heatpipe physics are far more more nuanced than that.

A concise visual explanation with tests (timestamped):

Deepcool's AS500. The single tower design's heatpipe orientation (and size) is uniquely aligned with the CCX of Ryzen processors, giving it an advantage over dual tower coolers that have their heatpipes in a perpendicular orientation like the Noctua D15. I was able to experiment with this on an Intel HEDT system (where you can rotate cooler orientation much more easily than on an AM4 motherboard). Temps were lower when the CPU die was spread across multiple heatpipes instead of one or two heatpipes. You'd think temperatures would normalize with the heatspreader and/or cold plate but I've learned that heatpipe physics are far more more nuanced than that.

A concise visual explanation with tests (timestamped):

Second this. This cooler goes head to head with Noctua 1.75-2x its price.

I'm using Deepcool AS500 on my Ryzen 5600x. Ambient temp 30~31c, idles at 37~39c. Load temp of 71c while playing warhammer2 and league of legends. Earlier had max load temp 78c but I added a Noctua NF A15 today for a Push/Pull config and temps are down by 7c. If you want or need a push pull config I would suggest you go with AS500Plus which is the dual fan version of this cooler as its a pain in the ass to get 2nd fan for this cooler. It requires a 140mm frame with holing done like a 120mm, octagonal frame instead of square.

Hope this is helpful as far as realtime usage is concerned

I was using the Deepcool AS500 to cool my 2700x (105W chip). It is THE best cooler I've ever used, and I have quite a few including the expensive Noctuas. I had a 120mm AIO before which saw peaks of 89-94C, but the AS500 never went above 74C, even with its single fan. That fan is also bloody silent.

I've now moved to a Noctua C14s, which is inferior to the AS500 in every way, but I wanted it for my ITX PC.

My AS500 is for sale if you're interested. DM me for details.

Back