SUGGEST: Game PC with Kaspersky ?

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Hi

We have some Gaming PCs powered by intel Dual-Core 2.2 Processor with 2GB RAM, ATi 4670 Graphics card. OS: WindowsXP.

If I install (legit copy) Kaspersky Internet Security 7, will it slow me down ?

Games we play : CoD4, GoW, CSS, TF2 etc.

if you are not online while playing game - you may consider to close kespersky. during online gaming you need kaspersky to block those network intrusion. I am using it from last 1 and half months - superb application and not a resource hog and whatever the resource it takes - it justifiable by the quality of security and peace of mind. and dude you have 2GB in winxp - you can throw anything into your pc :D

just for update- I am using KIS 2009

@iosoft: why are you going for an old version while you can get the latest version for the same price?

I am getting 3 License Copy (legit) at 400/- for Version 7 (2008).

No such offer for Version 8 (2009)

iosoft said:
Hi

We have some Gaming PCs powered by intel Dual-Core 2.2 Processor with 2GB RAM, ATi 4670 Graphics card. OS: WindowsXP.

If I install (legit copy) Kaspersky Internet Security 7, will it slow me down ?

Games we play : CoD4, GoW, CSS, TF2 etc.
Kaspersky is fine. Just one thing though. Set the kaspersky update frequency to 1 day or manual. Cause it keeps updating even when you are in middle of an online gaming session :(

And the Windows Startup it sure will slow down just a bit , but as soon as it's done you'll be back to normal and can play in peace without weird pop-ups. I'd recommend Bit Defender over Kaspersky for gaming , as it also has a game mode, as soon as you enable it , it's system resources used decreases , also no pop-up and scanning at all when you are playing.

With the dual core no way. Also, much better to have security always. You will have more trouble if your system gets jacked by a virus.

Indyan said:
Btw, KIS 2010 will feature a Gaming Profile. And 2009 licenses will work with KIS 2010

wow..good news..even MS should also put a Game mod is there upcoming Win7 -where most of the services will be halted except the bare bone required.

Back