Suggest Gaming PC @65k

Q: What is your budget?

65K{ Can be extended upto 5K i.e 70k }

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

NA

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Building a New Rig.

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Not decided yet. Need your advice.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

I will purchase all at once.

Final

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai, Laminton Road

No Online Purchases

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming

Browsing

Download rig

Watching HD movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Dont know.

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

All genre.

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Max possible.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit

Plz suggest CPU heatsink, including gaming mouse,gaming keyboard and headphones. Also suggest full tower cabinate.

Can we have IPS panel monitor in this range? Plz suggest if any.

Need to buy asap.

Intel Core i5 2500k ~13500/- + Noctua NH-U12P SE2 ~4000/-

ASUS P8Z68-M PRO ~9500/-

G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x 2 1600MHz modules ~3400/-

AMD HD 78** series graphics card ~18000/- [tentative, actual price is still unknown till release mid-March OR AMD HD 6950 1GB OR MSi GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr Edition ~13900/-, recommend you wait for HD 78** cards to release]

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB ~4000/- [OR try to buy a second hand drive from TE Classifieds section, hard drive prices are supposed to come down post March, early May]

Seasonic S12II 620W ~4400/-

Corsair Carbide 400R ~5400/- http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/Carbide_400R/

Dell Ultrasharp U2312M ~14500/- [6-bit e-IPS panel based monitor, hope this is sufficient for you needs]

Corsair Vengeance M60 OR Logitech G300 ~2800/- http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/input_devices/corsair_vengeance_m60_mouse_review/1 OR 1300/- http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510105-logitech-g300-review/ [the Logitech mouse is an ambidextrous design while the Corsair M60 is right handed lock-FPS design]

APC BR1.1KVA-IN ~4600/-

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium -->http://www.microsoft.com/india/originalsoftware/ways_2_buy.aspx OR get an OEM version installed while purchasing the PC*.

*there are certain restrictions on the OEM edition, do inquire with the dealer what all restrictions these are, no. of times software can be re-installed et al.

I have not suggested any speakers OR audio devices as I do not have a good idea of them.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

^ Thanx for quick suggestion ALPHA17

Alpha17: shall i wait till march or go with other gfx card u mentioned? Is it worth waiting? also they need to fit in my budget also!!!

^^ Roll back the cabinet to the --

NZXT Gamma

You can go down to the Seasonic S12II 520W ~3500/- for powering you RIG.

APC BR800VA-IN model ~[no idea on the price though]???

Also for the CPU cooler go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO ~2400/- [be warned your over-clock limits will also be curtailed as you will hit the thermal wall pretty fast on this]

If you wait till mid-March you'll get better / similar performance of current generation cards at a lower power penalty -- thanks to the shrunk 28nm fabrication process of the AMD HD 7*** series card(s).

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

It'd better if op goes for Dell U2311h-14.5k than U2312M cause it's better than that.If op chooses to go for hyper 212 evo then it's better to invest 2k more in mobo and get ASUS Maximus IV GENEZ-12.5k it'll give you better control in ocing.

The 7800 series will cost more than 6900 series for similar performance, prices will probably not come down by much if at all. Get a 2gb 6950 around 16k

Back