Monitors Suggest good LED Monitor < 25K

funtoon

Disciple
Hi let me first give you an idea what I want and what I am currently using.

I am currently using an iMac 24" which has full HD resolution 1920 X 1200 have been using this one for around 2years now was planning for a upgrade to the upcoming 27" iMac but again it would have been a very expensive proposition and I am not willing to spend that much.

Luckily I just recently made a hakintosh with my old PC that was running Windows Vista and its running like a dream much faster than my iMac, I am currently using a 22" Benq LCD on it which has a resolution 1680 X 1050 but this monitor is quite old now and it is also bleeding light like anything and colors look washed out if I compare it with my iMac's display.

I want to make clear I am not looking for a LCD TV, I already have a 32" LCD and another HD TV to watch movies etc, this new monitor is mainly going to be used primary for work around 10 hrs / day mainly web-designing, little graphics work making videos iMovie and lots of browsing I am not particularly not going to be watching movies etc on the monitor.

I am preferring a LED as after using the new Macbook Air which has a LED screen I find it much more comfortable on my eyes, I am getting a bit old :)

I was actually planning to go for the 27" Apple Display as it satisfied all my requirements but the pricing for that is criminal it is above 50K.

Here is the minimum specs that I am looking for in the new monitor

Resolution : 1920 x 1200 (if higher no problems)

Screen Size : As I am already using a 24" a 23" / 24" or higher

LED back-lighting

Should offer good color accuracy as I do some graphics work.

Please give me your suggestions with approx pricing for the specific model.

No suggestions........ okay let me lower my requirements a bit looks like with the resolution of 1920 x 1200 do not have many options....... so how about just FULL HD resolution 1920 x 1080 LED Monitors.

funtoon said:
LED back-lighting

Should offer good color accuracy as I do some graphics work.

What you're looking for is LED back-light + IPS panel. Only the 27" Apple Cinema display has both, and as you know its quite expensive.

At best you would manage only a 27" TN panel within 25k.

The best option I can think of at the ~25k budget would be a Dell U2410, but its not LED backlit and is 24".

Thanks I looked at the DELL site could not find U2410 now I have narrowed it down to these 2 models

1) Samsung 23" PX2370 (It's LED backlit)

2) Dell U2311H as it is a IPS panel (But normal LCD backlit)

Of the two which one would be a better bet and what is the pricing.

Here in Hyderabad I asked a couple of shops for the Dell U2311H and they say no stocks available..... but on DELL India site it is listed but no price is shown, BTW any one used the Samsung PX2370 how is that in performance..... from what I read online it is one of the best LED TN panel in that range from Samsung but would like to hear from you guys.

Thanks guys I did order the Dell U2311H coz of the IPS screen as I was already using a IPS screen my iMac had a IPS screen and the Benq 22" LCD was having a TN display and I was not liking the color shifting at different angles with the TN display, I really liked the design of the Samsung PX2370 and its a LED but again it has a TN display hence went with the DELL IPS.

BTW for the DELL U2311H I had to place a customer order as it is not readily available in India might get in the next 2 weeks or so, BTW decided against the DELL U2410 as the price was almost double if I like the U2311H I might just get one more to get a dual screen setup then I can have double the screen real estate at the price of one U2410 :)

Will let you guys know my views once I get the U2311H monitor.

Good choice :)

I think its going to be a while before we see LED backlighting more commonly used among IPS panels. I'm guessing its because single white LED backlights (not the RGB ones) don't match up to W-CCFLs in the colour spectrum. But glad to see you picked up the IPS over an LED-backlit TN.

Why the U2410 is expensive is :

- It uses an H-IPS panel, vs the e-IPS panel on the U2311

- Its a 10-bit panel vs 8-bit on the U2311

- Has a higher colour gamut range of 110% vs the U2311's 82% (CIE 1976)

Plus the U2410 comes with a few fancy gimmicks - memory card reader, proximity sensing buttons (they light up when your fingers reach for them :p)

Don't worry though, these are minor differences.. the e-IPS is still a league ahead of a TN panel, and at its price still a fantastic deal.

Crazy_Eddy said:

Don't worry though, these are minor differences.. the e-IPS is still a league ahead of a TN panel, and at its price still a fantastic deal.
Yep just could not digest the pricing for U2410 it was almost double the price of U2311...... BTW will getting the U2311 for approx 14,200 - 14,500 INR inc of all taxes will bill is that a decent price.

It's just bad that we have so much limited choice in the IPS monitor segment for now.

Crazy_Eddy said:

I think its going to be a while before we see LED backlighting more commonly used among IPS panels. I'm guessing its because single white LED backlights (not the RGB ones) don't match up to W-CCFLs in the colour spectrum. But glad to see you picked up the IPS over an LED-backlit TN.

Plus the U2410 comes with a few fancy gimmicks - memory card reader, proximity sensing buttons (they light up when your fingers reach for them :p)

And more CONNECTIVITY opitions:

Component

Composite

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)

funtoon said:
Yep just could not digest the pricing for U2410 it was almost double the price of U2311...... BTW will getting the U2311 for approx 14,200 - 14,500 INR inc of all taxes will bill is that a decent price.

It's just bad that we have so much limited choice in the IPS monitor segment for now.

Yep the price seems right.

Limited choices (even worldwide) are because IPS is significantly more expensive than TN. e-IPS panels have brought prices closer, and thankfully Dell has them in India too, so its not too bad. I guess only the high-end is missing NEC.

MrRIG said:
And more CONNECTIVITY opitions:

Component

Composite

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)

Yes, and this too. Thanks :)

funtoon said:

Hi,

did you get the monitor from dell directly or from a reseller? SMC Intl. in case of a third party reseller?

i got a quote from dell for one u2311h for about 16,400 and I PMed SMC but they don't seem to respond.

I asked a local dealer near my house compage I think was that name he quoted a price of 16K

I actually have a computer dealer who is my friend and I take all my stuff from him but as he was telling me that it would take time to get the product as he has to order it via DELL according to him its not available in the local market...... After seeing the price from compage I went back to my dealer friend who now has order a couple of DELL U2311 via DELL and would give me for around 14.4K mark he might sell it a bit higher for other, actually I am from tech2buzz.com and we do buy a lot of stuff from him so he gives me nice discount but this dell it is being shipped from another country so I would have to wait about 2 weeks.

Crazy_Eddy said:

Apart from all the reasons you mentioned U2410 is costly because it uses 1200P (16:10) panel compared to regular 1080P (16:9).....in general all 1200P (16:10) are expensive because they are almost extinct.

Back