Monitors Suggest HD Monitor for Gaming.

Hey Guys,
I am planning to buy a gaming rig within a week. I have Zeroed in on the following components. Complete my dream by suggesting a good monitor. FULL HD. Good for gaming. 23-24inches max.
Please note : Buying all parts locally in Dubai. Prices listed are as per local dealers.

Questions

1. What is your budget?
    • 80K (flexible)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    None, I dont have any.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    I have Logitech G110 Keyboard. Hence will keep the same for some time.
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Intel Core i5 4570 - 11700
    • Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 -8200 ( D3H model NA )
    • Corsair Vengeance 4GBX2 1600Mhz - 5900/Kingston Hyperx Blu 4GBX2 1600MHZ- 5200
    • PSU Antec VP650P - 4600 ( Seasonic NA )
    • Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD - 3800
    • Samsung EVO 120GB SSD - 6300
    • Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X 4GB DDR5 - 27000
    • Corsair Carbide 300R or CM HAF 912 or any other from silverstorm or thermaltake ( Please advice )
    • Monitor not yet found the perfect match. 23-24 inch a must. Dell S2340L isnt available in stock. Can try getting if its superior to competition. Suggest alternatives. Also note that I will want to use it to watch TV by some means ( TV Tuner).
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Gaming Keyboard and Mouse ( Budget 5K )
    • TV tuner
    • Will also add some speakers, but for later.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Dubai
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No way.
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
    • Watching TV from Dish STB
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Please note some of the brands are not available. Hence the config above is made from what is available here. Regarding monitors there is BENQ, LG, SAMSUNG, ASUS in stock.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • FPS- Call of Duty, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4
    • Racing - NFS
    • Sports- FIFA15 and others
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - Full HD
    2. Desktop - Full HD
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No for CPU, yes for GPU if possible (coolers if required will be added later)
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

After reading the thread i think he is only left out with the decision to choose the monitor. He has already figured out the other components.

Adding the cost of components he's chosen, I think just 8-9k max is available for the monitor.

I have confusion on the Casing and Monitor . I can spend upto 11-12k for good monitor. TN or IPS is ok . Response rate below 8ms max. Also suggest a good 144HZ monitor if I were to extend my budget ( Will be doing only offline gaming )

I would personally suggest "DELL UltraSharp U2412M" 24 inch monitor over any other monitor in the market. They are not just any other monitor, These are professional monitor's from DELL.

The Color Reproduction is amazing, compared to other monitor's in the market. It would be a bit expensive if you 're on limited budget but it could cost you around 18-18.5k INR in the local market or may be way cheaper that this. perfect value for money.

You could yourself check online/ youtube reviews if you are a bit skeptical about the Monitor.

Here are few online store price listing's for your own convenience.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/dell-u2412-24-inch-ultra/591242

Last edited:
I would personally suggest "DELL UltraSharp U2412M" 24 inch monitor over any other monitor in the market. They are not just any other monitor, These are professional monitor's from DELL.

The Color Reproduction is amazing, compared to other monitor's in the market. It would be a bit expensive if you 're on limited budget but it could cost you around 18-18.5k INR in the local market or may be way cheaper that this. perfect value for money.

You could yourself check online/ youtube reviews if you are a bit skeptical about the Monitor.

Here are few online store price listing's for your own convenience.
Good one but DELL doesnt have HDMI port. I need to connect my DISH TV HD STB to this monitor using TV tuner. how about ASUS VG248QE? R9 290 TRI-X can give me above 60fps hence i feel better to have monitor with more than 60 HZ refresh rate. will cost around 1300AED

Good one but DELL doesnt have HDMI port. I need to connect my DISH TV HD STB to this monitor using TV tuner. how about ASUS VG248QE? R9 290 TRI-X can give me above 60fps hence i feel better to have monitor with more than 60 HZ refresh rate. will cost around 1300AED

ASUS VG248QE is a good option, but you should check this one out with almost the same specifications .

Back