PC Peripherals Suggest HDMI cable

MAGNeT

Skilled
I am changing my setup and all of a sudden HDMI cable has become a must as i plan to buy GFX card later.
I read articles that cheaper hdmi cables do the same work as the expensive one.
But still any particular brand which i need to buy and within which range should i buy one?
Connection point is from display to mobo.So not a longer cable needed.But it should survive atleast 3 years without much trouble.

If you get a hdmi cable with the display you can use that. Else use any of the cheap 100-150 rupees cables you get on Ebay. I bought one of those and didn't find any difference in quality.

If you get a hdmi cable with the display you can use that.
Nope i didn't got any hdmi cable with my display moniter.Thats why all this trouble.But any particular brand to look for.I remember buying composite cables few years back and they doing their job well but only trouble was getting display black and white .Later i realized that the tv company model compatibility to be an issue with cheaper cable.

Branded one will be costly and do the same job. Try MX or Belkin if you want good brands. There won't be any difference in quality, since signal is digital. It will work or it won't.

Hmmm just a word of caution about cheap HDMI cables. They are usually decent in quality but there is a chance you might get a cable which is not built very well. The golden connectors in the cable usually are the culprit. I've had a couple of them go bad on me in a month or so. One of connectors remained stuck to the HDMI port when i pulled the wire.

Back