Audio Suggest Headphone Under $100

thebanik

Skilled
I was looking/thinking to buy the HD555 because of the name it has garnered for itself all along these years. But guys can you suggest anyother headphone in the 100$ range or below if possible. Something which can be driven without a separate amplifier would be very much appreciated.

Main purpose would be 60% Gaming + 35% Movies + 5% Music. Should I look forward to Gaming headset???? or the senns or some other music headset will do for gaming as well???? Planning to use them with Auzentech Xplosion sound card.

But if there is a dashing headphone which is out of the league and costs a bit more than my budget please do suggest and I would not mind increasing my budget to get those.

get a decent allrounder.. hd555 fits in very nicely i guess.. though it would cost a wee bit more.. somewhere in the range of 5-5.5k

(that being the price landed in India)

the senn hd280 should also be in the same price range. though, they are more of monitor fones...

why dont you consider some 5.1 headfones.. esp considering that ur primary usage is going to be games and movies.

sTALKEr said:
get a decent allrounder.. hd555 fits in very nicely i guess.. though it would cost a wee bit more.. somewhere in the range of 5-5.5k
(that being the price landed in India)

the senn hd280 should also be in the same price range. though, they are more of monitor fones...

why dont you consider some 5.1 headfones.. esp considering that ur primary usage is going to be games and movies.

can you suggest some 5.1's????? Have been using the Zalman 5.1 headphones for the past 2 Years, they certainly are good, but I was looking for something more ground breaking now, :eek:hyeah: , which wud make me feel money well spent.

Also need something pretty durable since sometimes, i sleep wearing the head phones when watching the same movie nth time.:rofl:

hehee.. i was just about to suggest the zalmans :p

wait for the others to post.. dont have much of an idea about the other 5.1s,, however if you'r going to get an allrounder.. stick to the hd555.. its for 99usd on Amazon.. so kmd should be able to get it to you for arnd the 5-5.5k mark.

Audio equation RS-21x if u can find them online ... They retail at $100 ..

If u want some ground breaking sourround experience i wud suggest Ultrasones HI-FI 750s ... S-Logic is simply awesome ..
Try these also since u didnt mention the type:-
Sennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphones
Sony MDR-V700DJ DJ Style Monitor Series Headphones

chIlD_bEaR said:
Audio equation RS-21x if u can find them online ... They retail at $100 ..

If u want some ground breaking sourround experience i wud suggest Ultrasones HI-FI 750s ... S-Logic is simply awesome ..
Try these also since u didnt mention the type:-
Sennheiser HD-280 Professional Headphones
Sony MDR-V700DJ DJ Style Monitor Series Headphones
400$ for the ultrasones, no man am not that rich, no where close....have heard some nice things bout them, but cant afford.

and HD-280 are they better than HD555?????

like i said... hd280's are built to be studio monitors.. while the hd555's are all round fones..

do check out head-fi.org for some damn good reviews

Back