suggest me a fone for my mum

Hi guys,

Plz help me out in deciding a fone for my mum. :)

1. Q: Budget?
A: 10 - 12k.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: LCD anything will do.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: something sturdy. No brand preference. Plus good looks.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Require a 5mp good cam for little bit of clicking.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: which is easy to use and hence i think it woild be windows phone.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G wifi the basic stuff.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Calls, Little bit of shoots, maybe some gaming ( MAYBE :p )

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Good battery life. and good looks.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: lumia series but i like only 800. Since 920 is gonna launch soon any chance tht 800 will fall down to 15k bracket ?

I am open to buying the phone from the market also. So If anyone is willing to sell a phone in good condition he/she:lol:(are there any ?? ) may drop a PM.

Thanks in advance.

This is a good budget for a phone. Just had one more question. Is she a music addict? Or is she into photography? I think some sony phones allow you to choose if you go for a music phone or rather a camera phone like their cybershot. Depends on what she likes!

This is a good budget for a phone. Just had one more question. Is she a music addict? Or is she into photography? I think some sony phones allow you to choose if you go for a music phone or rather a camera phone like their cybershot. Depends on what she likes!

She may plug the fone in her car while driving to listen to songs but thts very rare. She likes to click the pics but she is nt an addict :). just basic clicking and she will be happy. She would be upgrading from nokia x2-02. So i guess any 5 mp autofocus cam will make her happy. :yahoo:

She may plug the fone in her car while driving to listen to songs but thts very rare. She likes to click the pics but she is nt an addict :). just basic clicking and she will be happy. She would be upgrading from nokia x2-02. So i guess any 5 mp autofocus cam will make her happy. :yahoo:

I think if she has been using nokia, it would be better to upgrade to Nokia Lumia 610 (White) and a white pair of Twinwoofers would also give her a good sound if she doesn't like the stock earbuds! hehe

I knw thts wt i can get in my budget but i dont like the aesthetics of tht fone. :(

Nokia Lumia 710 (White)

- - - Updated - - -

I think upgrading to a better Nokia will make it easy for her to get used to the new interface from nokia. If you give her another brand, she might not get used to it so easy. I know, its hectic to get used to a new interface. THink about it. I just saw the windows 8 interface and i still can't believe how rubbish they made it.

Get a SONY XPERIA Tipo Dual SIM (for its better graphics sub-system) and I think Android re-skinned by SONY is very easy to use. Also phone uses the newer ICS Android OS so it will be a snappy affair.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Back