Monitors suggest me a new lcd

my budget for lcd monitor is 10000/-(can be stretched to 11000)
my grafix card budget is max 5500/-

my requirements are

1. day to day internet browsing
2. movies
3. more than casual gaming

plz suggest me as i must make decision in 10 days. i am staying in gurgaon.

here are my queries in no particular order
1. as per my requirements shud i go for regular or widescreen one?also wat size can i afford 19" 20" or 22" ?

2. wat is the contrast ratio and response time i shuld look for( i believe anything better than 2000:1 and 8 ms is more than enough)

3. shud i go for dell or aoc depending upon their quality of products and after market service(rma)?

4. shud my decision depend upon type of connector vga/dvi/hdmi??
if yes then which one shud i use?
guys plz tell me will i see any improvement in quality from different connector as there is a premium to payed for non vga lcd monitors.

5. which grafix card shuld i gofor to pair with suggested lcd panel(remember my budget)?

6. how do u guys rate samsung /lg ?tell me this only if u bought any of these and have had some experiences with either.

7. last but not the least from where shuld i buy both of them online or nehru place so that i get best bang for my buck? kindly suggest website or nehru place shop if u know .

Well for d lcd, I think u're left with d e198wfp/se198wfp with d 11k budget..

If u can extend it by another 1k, u can settle for d dell 22incher from shakensoul's GO if its still open for orders..

The RMA policy of dell's pretty decent AFAIK.. They'll first mail u the replacement for d monitor and then would take back the faulty one..

The 19 incher I'm talkin of is an extra decent model.. No ghostin, 5ms response, 1k:1 contrast ratio.. Gamin and watchin movies were a pleasure..

It has d dvi and vga inputs.. The hdmi comes in d higher end models of dell..

For d 5.5k, u can settle for a 8600gt 256 mb ddr3 model with d zalman cooler from d xfx stables.. I guess its factory overclockd and d cooler is extra decent.. :)

wait for others to pour inputs regardin gfx cards..

Forgot to add..
Its obvious tat d dvi has d better quality since there's no conversion as wen compared to d vga..

U can buy d monitor with a 5yr warranty from our own GOs organised by dingemini aka dinesh malhotra.. U wont get a similar offer wen u buy it from their website..

Regards

thanx gannu for ur inputs

but can u plz shed some light on aoc vs dell

also i have never participated in a GO here tell me its advantages. as far as u told that lower cost and higher warranty would be counted.

but obviously i will get the lcd without any bills. will that be okay withregards to rma?

Dell is better than AOC, Dinesh's GO is closed so you need to get them directly from dell. Take a look at all the models on dell india website.

Do not forget to bargain.

how do i bargain on buying dell pc online?

are any coupons available?

also how much the lcd is going to cost me in the end(taxes and octoroi)

dell website says 10282/- for Dell E198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor.

one more thing , wat is the difference bw

Dell E198WFP 19 and Dell SE198WFP 19"? because the price diff is around 600/-

Click on customize on any monitor, you will get a 'Quotation request form', fill it.

Within 1day you will get e-mail from a dell representative, it will include the final prices. He will guide you to the further process, you can bargain with him.

(write the model no.,your city etc in "Comments, Enquiries, Instructions:" column)

The only difference I found in both the models was color.

main_trouble said:
thanx gannu for ur inputs
but can u plz shed some light on aoc vs dell

also i have never participated in a GO here tell me its advantages. as far as u told that lower cost and higher warranty would be counted.

but obviously i will get the lcd without any bills. will that be okay withregards to rma?

I've no clue abt AOC v/s Dell cos I've personally not used any AOC model n being a new entrant into the Indian mkt I'd never buy it w/o any good reviews.

Now sweet thing is GOs:

U get a much cheaper price..No worries abt the thing getting shipped.. Just minimal PMs to d dealer and then depositin cash n then waitin fer the thing to get delivered.. As u said a better warranty's also counted in; 5 yrs as wen compared to tat offered by DELL at a premium..

No issues w/o the bill.. These dealers will help u in case of any RMA issues..

PS: Dont take a 2nd thought wen u deal with these TE GOs.. The dealers're trustworthy indeed n they're at ur service.. :)

main_trouble said:
how do i bargain on buying dell pc online?

are any coupons available?

also how much the lcd is going to cost me in the end(taxes and octoroi)
dell website says 10282/- for Dell E198WFP 19" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor.
one more thing , wat is the difference bw
Dell E198WFP 19 and Dell SE198WFP 19"? because the price diff is around 600/-

Bargaining with DELL is a PITA..

Callin 'em up, bargain, cut the line, call again n blah.. :mad:

Difference b/w the SE198wfp and the E198WFP is obviously its looks..
The E has a split stand whereas the SE has a plain rectangular stand..
Rest is the same..

Hope it helps.. :)

None agreed so far?? :p

Ok I'll.. But it aint tat easy... Wudn get the job done in the first 2 calls fer sure unless u're a freq customer.. ;)

But when got a quote from dell for E248WFP the price was 25k i replied "I think the prices are reduced and now it cost 22k", they replied me saying that the prices are not reduced (they were actually not reduced) but they can give it to me for 22k.

Its their same marketing gimmick...

Another freq policy is to say they'll get back after lookin into the prices again n tellin it has been reduced.. Lol..

Bear in mind the courier charge for the monitors. they can turn out to be a few K. I bought a 22incher from raghu's GO, but + the shipping made me go overbudget , had to sell it off.

I say, get a 19 inch WS- should be able to get hold of one for 10k or lesser. no point in getting a 22 inch because despite the bigger size , they still cant play back 1080i/p - they are 1050 only.

Also , a 5k gfx card might have problems driving a 22 incher at native resolution, with good framerates

Back