Graphic Cards Suggest one mid level GFX card

alto

Disciple
My earlier PowerColor 5770 card went off. It died within 3.5 years. Couldn't be able to use it at fullest. Graphics was freezing at the time of gaming. But fan was rotating, might be some chip issues.

Now want to buy another one as I am feeling a hollow without games.

My configs:

Processor : Amd phenom II x4 black edition.
Ram: 6gb @ 1333mhz
SMPS: Corsair 550vx
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3
Monitor : 1080
No overclock done.

Please suggest a decent card around 9k.

Want to play at 1080p if possible.

Should I change to Nvidia now? I was disappointed with PowerColor brand.
If any other Amd would be good?
Is AMD susceptible to heat in Indian condition?

Zotac's main advantage is it's extended warranty [ 2+3 years ] but take it with a pinch of salt. R7 260x is good enough to run recent games at HD and high settings but that may not universally hold for all games. For that you should be looking for a ~15k gpu.

Zotac's main advantage is it's extended warranty [ 2+3 years ] but take it with a pinch of salt. R7 260x is good enough to run recent games at HD and high settings but that may not universally hold for all games. For that you should be looking for a ~15k gpu.
How extra 3 years are added in Zotac warranty. Is there any catch?
How would be GTX750Ti to run at high settings?
Also how the performance will hamper if GTX750Ti 1GB is used instead of 2GB?

R7265 is ahead in benchmark against GTX 750Ti but price is also 1000 rupees more? Is the difference justified?

Zotac gives 2 years standard warranty and after purchasing and registering the card on Zotac's website within 15 days you will get 3 years extended warranty.

GTX 750 Ti can handle games at 1080p resolution but you may not be able to max out gfx settings in all games ... with high settings and 2x AA this card should be OK.

Lots of games are requiring more than 1Gb vram so it's better to get the 2GB version and I've seen any 1GB GTX 750 Ti yet. Only the GTX 750 non TI comes with 1GB vram.

R7 265 is ~15% faster but also consumes almost double power. The main USP of GTX 750 ti is it's an ultra efficient gpu you can get, Lots of manufacturers are adding a power socket onto this so you can OC it to some good level to get additional performance. even a stock GTX 750 ti without any additional pic-e power socket can be OCed to some decent level to increase the performance to the R7 265s level. So overall GTX 750 ti 2GB is a great buy IMO.

I have shortlisted Asus GTX 750 TI OC and Sapphire R7 265. Both cards priced same. I need to decide upon this. Pls help.

How are sapphire cards and their service? Should I opt for Asus or MSI?

Last edited:
Sapphire cards and their After sales service is good. Same goes for Asus but Rashi can be dodgy sometime. I think I've discussed all the points about 750 ti and R7 265 before. To add something new R7 265 runs a little hotter. Still I would say stick with GTX 750 ti.

Back