Suggest phone to replace Nokia 3310

Ok, I have been assigned this task of going ahead and replacing my uncles cellphone. Now the issue is he is 70 yrs old. His first phone is what he has been using till date....4 yrs before is when he started using the cellphone and thats when we bought him a basic Nokia 3310. Now time has taken its tol on the phone. The screen has already been replaced once and so had the battery and another screen and battery replacement is due. Which I dont want to do , So I need some good phone to replace the phone.

Criteria :

Needs to be a Nokia - I dont want him to reunderstand a new key layout all over!

Good battery life - Max. talktime.

No bling like camera , bluetooth , infrared needed. If radio is there then thats and added advantage.

Good Screen quality with LARGE numbers.

User friendly interface.

Lastly more important , a Good Keypad which should not have cramped up keys and the keys should be well elevated as in need not press into the keypad. For eg. It should be like the keys of the 3310 itself , distinguishable.

I know fullfilling all the criteria is difficult but then whatever the best closest match is. Kindly suggest.

On one look I was stuck on the Nokia 5070 and Nokia 2630. Any views , alternatives ?

nokia 5000, 2600c, 3110c, 1680...

out of these, 3110c would be the best acc to ur needs, has a nice n easy keypad, costs arnd 4.5K

nokia 2600 if its still available...its keypad layout is similar to the 3310 with the one central key for menu, options , making and receiving calls...it will be easier to operate for your uncle and the nos. on screen are large enough

Back