Camera Suggest Point & Shoot Digital Camera

@adder

Thank you for suggestion. This seems to be costly one.

Really liked clarity of Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3.

Can anyone tel me how's after service of Panasonic Cams ?

logistopath said:
If you are hell bent on Canon, have a look at the IXUS 220 HS. It's an absolute VFM gadget. If you can accept Sony, check out the HX5V or HX7V. The problem with Panasonic is that the official prices in India are too high. You can get a Panasonic TZ8 for around 14k without b & w; but the same with b & w comes to around 21K. These were the trends when I last checked about a month ago. Hopefully, they still hold true.
Where does the Canon IXUS 220 HS stand when compared to Panasonic ZR3 and Panasonic TZ8?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 Price India: Point & Shoot Camera: Flipkart Cameras(Silver)
Pana TZ10 @ 17k seems like a good deal, specially when it comes "with 3 year Panasonic India Warranty and Free Transit Insurance"

Here's a nice review of the same:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 Review | PhotographyBLOG

Not used the IXUS 220 HS, so cannot comment about it. However, the TZ10 is the one that I have as my everyday cam along with my DLSR, and it produces amazing pics. That was one purchase I'll never regret. The intelligent auto mode does all the work. The TZ8 is just the non-GPS variant of TZ10. Otherwise it is pretty much the same.

Between the Ixus 220 and the ZR3 (also called ZX3), the latter is supposedly better, and probably costs lesser too.

After seeing sample pics of Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3, I am almost chucking out Canon IXUS Series.

3 year Panasonic India Warranty is best compare to 1 year of Canon.

@logistopath

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 - 17325 Rs is quite costly deal. Anyways dont need GPS thingy, so fine with Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8

Could not find Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8, Any idea on price ? Any major diff b/w Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8 ?

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ28, it's the 18x superzoom with a whole lot of features. But I must say, it has horrible noise even at lower ISO's. I had many photos completely ruined by noise even in ISO 200 and 400. While buying it I went for it reading the great reviews in dpreviews and cameralabs and did not take the corresponding Canon, and I now regret it. Maybe I got a bad unit. But I would suggest buy the Lumix only if you have seen somebody using it and are ok with it. It does take some stunning pictures, but when you need it the most, it gives me huge noise :(

Take all the reviews with a grain of salt, they are not always accurate. I am not saying that all Panasonics are bad, but they do have a reputation for bad noise. Hope this helps.

Any major diff b/w Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 & Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8 ?

Yeah..

1. The ZR3 is strictly a P&S cam. Absolutely no manual controls. The ZS5/TZ8 has aperture priority and shutter priority modes.

2. ZR3 has 14MP; ZS5 has 12MP

3. More importantly, both have similar sensors. So, theoretically at least, ZS5 is better 'coz lesser pixels in similar sensor.

4. Better zoom on the ZS5.

Practically speaking, not much of a difference in picture quality. Check if you need the manual controls and the better zoom.

You need some manual control for P & S as well.. Megapixel doesn't matter much, so decide wisely before selecting any P & S as i would prefer to have some manual control

Thank you very much all of you.

@jc36lect3r

Thank you for advice, I prefer checking same pics on most sites taken by camera, Also check on Flickr & Pbase, It shows real time clarity.

Let me check both models in hand.

Tough one to choose now.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZR3 Vs Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ8.

Anyone aware where can we get better demo of Pana cams ? Do we get into Croma ?

Praks said:
@adder
Thank you for suggestion. This seems to be costly one.

Its probably cheaper or within your budget in the grey market.The HX9v is overall the best p&S cam under 20k.
Its focusing speed is said to be as fast or faster then a DSLR with 18-55 zoom lens.

Finally after a long long search decided to take - Canon IXUS 115 HS

Reason of leaving Panasonic - Very very few service centers. Sadly in few states only 1 city has support center in whole state.

Canon has rocking number of service centers & Canon is just 1 year less warranty then Panasonic.

Canon India Warranty - 2 years
Panasonic India Warranty - 3 years.

Small Confusion on Canon IXUS 115 HS..
Any advice on color to take ? Silver or Grey ? Does any color make less dirty/scrathless ?

letsbuy offers at 11,605 Rs with 4 GB SDHC Card + Carry Case
flipkart offers at 11605 Rs with 4 GB SD Card+8 GB SD Card+Camera pouch

flipkart seems a best deal with extra 8 GB card :) Does flipkart have coupons ?

Update:

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Purchased Canon IXUS 115 HS with 4 GB card + Pouch for 9400 Rs.

Review coming soon :)

Back