PC Peripherals Suggest psu: Future proof

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I'm thinking of upgrading my smps after long time.

Upgrades:
Will be shortly getting GTX 1060 3gb gpu.
As for future, will upgrade to either i5/i7 or amd platform whichever suits.

I wont be upgrading smps for next 5 years flat.

Currents rig: In my Sig.

As existing graphics cards are low on power and dont need those oldy 6x2 or 8 pin connectors, so keeping this in mind is it viable to just opt for a good bronze/silver 600w or for safer side to get something around 850w!

So please advise. I'm inclined towards modular or semi-modular as it helps keep case clean.
Wont mind buying a used one with some warranty.

As existing graphics cards are low on power and dont need those oldy 6x2 or 8 pin connectors

High end ones still require them, low-midrange ones never required those connectors anyways.
Can't see your config anywhere but no one needs an 850w PSU especially someone planning on getting a 1060 (put the extra money and get the 6GB one instead btw).
PSU options are very limited in India and manufacturers are reluctant to update their lineup, as a result we are still stuck with a lot of the older models that have been phased out in other markets.
You can opt for the tried and tested 520 or 620 S12II from Seasonic if you can't get your hands on a reasonably priced used RM series Corsair PSU with warranty.

If you are getting a Corsair psu avoid RM series go for the Rmx, Seasonic are also top of the line psu. A 550/650w psu is enough for the majority of the people.

As existing graphics cards are low on power and dont need those oldy 6x2 or 8 pin connectors, so keeping this in mind is it viable to just opt for a good bronze/silver 600w or for safer side to get something around 850w!
a good 600w bronze or better psu will more than suffice (even when oc'ed).
only xfire/sli systems would need 800w+
as mentioned above, go for seasonic.

i'd suggest the 6gb version if possible. it has more cuda cores apart from the extra memory.

If you are getting a Corsair psu avoid RM series go for the Rmx, Seasonic are also top of the line psu. A 550/650w psu is enough for the majority of the people.

Like I already mentioned, manufacturers are hesitant to refresh their lineups here. Not all PSU's from the RMx series are available, I know because I was in the market for one and the one with the lowest wattage available was the RM650x which although a great PSU is probably out of OP's budget (9k last I checked).
Corsair has opted to keep the garbage CX, VS, etc for PSU's under 550w so you won't find the RM550x (which was what I was looking for) or the newer lower wattage CXM ones here.

Like I already mentioned, manufacturers are hesitant to refresh their lineups here. Not all PSU's from the RMx series are available, I know because I was in the market for one and the one with the lowest wattage available was the RM650x which although a great PSU is probably out of OP's budget (9k last I checked).
Corsair has opted to keep the garbage CX, VS, etc for PSU's under 550w so you won't find the RM550x (which was what I was looking for) or the newer lower wattage CXM ones here.
Yup that's true.

If you are not going for sli, then seasonic s12g 550 GOLD is the one you need, it is gold rated and one of the recommended psu in 550w category

I'm thinking of upgrading my smps after long time.

Upgrades:
As for future, will upgrade to either i5/i7 or amd platform whichever suits.

I wont be upgrading smps for next 5 years flat.

Currents rig: In my Sig.

So please advise. I'm inclined towards modular or semi-modular as it helps keep case clean.
Wont mind buying a used one with some warranty.
Seasonic M12II 620w @ 7.5k

I'm getting these deal:
SeaSonic G-650 for some 5.5k semi- modular &
SeaSonic G-750 for approx 7k and its a modular one.

So does that makes a great deal?

I'm getting these deal:

That's way too good, are you sure those quotes are for the G and not for the Bronze ones ?

I'm getting these deal:

you don't need a modular psu, you will plug in the 24 pin and 8 pin cable into your mobo anyways
modular allows u to buy full length aftermarket sleeved cables.

also that's really cheap

That's way too good, are you sure those quotes are for the G and not for the Bronze ones ?
Yup thats true as for prices. Now hows that compared to seasonic 520 and 620 bronze. I will mostly opt for G 650 as i think thats sufficient. Dont know how much warranty is offered on G series though.

Yup thats true as for prices. Now hows that compared to seasonic 520 and 620 bronze. I will mostly opt for G 650 as i think thats sufficient. Dont know how much warranty is offered on G series though.

G650 at that price is unbeatable, where are you getting it from ?

New egg India. But shit :mad:they charge almost double amount and the item ships from US.:( I though they got local warehouse here.

No wonder those prices seemed too good to be true, why would you even think Newegg was a viable option for Indians ? I'ts been known for years since they launched that it's pretty much useless.

You can get seasonic s12g 550w from md computers around Rs 5775(a representative mentioned that price to me few days back) +shipping

Back