Suggest software like screen filter (android) for Windows

Hi guys,

Please suggest alternative for windows to reduce/ toggle screen brightness for late night reading/ computing just like screen filter app for android.

Normally when error msg is shown in windows, portion other than error dialog box reduces its brightness. I need same or customisable brightness for windows for low room light conditions.

TIA.

Tks fellas for replies. Ya while searching for options, read about f.lux. Also found application called Desktop lighter and Dimmer which i am using right now. Works fine. Things are much more comfortable with these.

Also found application called Desktop lighter and Dimmer which i am using right now.

I was going to suggest Desktop Lighter, but you already found it :). I have been using it for years, and it works great. Auto runs with Windows, and automatically sets the brightness to the level I set. I find it much better than f.lux, which makes the screen colors weird, but that's just my opinion.

Desktop Lighter is running great on Windows 8 too :).

I didn't know about Dimmer. Is it good? How does it work? Similar to Desktop Lighter?

Have you'll tried the native "Night light" in windows 10

1609315058727.png

Back