Suggest tablet for basic use around 8-9k

vikrant_027

Disciple
Hi,

Please suggest a basic tablet for use with the following characteristics:
1. Ebook reader
2. MS Office support (Word & powerpoint editing support atleast)
3. USB port to attach lappy keyboard
4. long battery life atleast 5 hours. ( no power intensive applications)
5. Reliability , service support

I have evaluated these two options:

1. Micromax funbook :
Spec wise good, no idea about build quality or reliability ( I need it to work atleast 1-2 years)

2. Hcl Me U1 tab .
Pro's :
HCL brand , after sales support.

Please suggest which will be better & if i have any other options.
Budget 8-9k max 10k

Thanks.

^yes and coincidentally, @hahahari has one for sale in the Market section as well ;)

In any case a if you can hold on, the Google Nexus 7" tablet is due out and should be available around September for about 11 - 12k. Otherwise there's iBerry and a host of other Chinese brand tablets which should fall in your price bracket apart from the ones mentioned by you (which are also Chinese, just branded) or you can consider picking up a used Playbook, Touchpad or an iPad1.

Last edited by a moderator:
^yes and coincidentally, hahahari has one for sale in the Market section as well ;)

In any case a if you can hold on, the Google Nexus 7" tablet is due out and should be available around September for about 11 - 12k. Otherwise there's iBerry and a host of other Chinese brand tablets which should fall in your price bracket apart from the ones mentioned by you (which are also Chinese, just branded) or you can consider picking up a used Playbook, Touchpad or an iPad1.

lol. true enough :p . But in all honesty, my recommendation is/was without any ulterior motives :)

Dont think Nexus will be priced thereabout, it will be atleast 15K for the 8 Gig model. And looking at OPs requirements looks like he doesnt need all the features Nexus has and that he would be more than happy with a lower end fully functional model.

Back