CPU/Mobo Suggest Thermal Paste for CPU

Black_Hawk

Skilled
Hello Folks,

So I recently bought a Ryzen 5600X and will be upgrading from my 5+ year old Ryzen 1600X. I have decided to keep the following as is in the rig:

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B-350F GAMING (Will update the BIOS)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 TURBO LED

Since I will be changing the processor I was looking to buy Thermal Paste so I need recommendations on which Thermal Paste I should go for. Kindly suggest.

Thanks

Get whichever paste you can get your hands on. I finished my tube of MX4 and am now using Noctua NT-H1. Different brands make very minor changes and its not noticeable, especially for a 65W 5600X

Haven't had any issues with NT-H1. I believe it's the cheapest widely recommended option apart from MX4, and if I remember correctly NT-H1 tends to last longer before drying out.

Yeah i agree with second post. Thinking over the best tim isn't worth it as the differences in temps are negligible between them. Just that usually all the arctic mx I have bought thus far came solidified, had to ask for replacement.

The important part is not the brand, but the manufactured date of the thermal paste, their shelf life is only 2-3 years. I'd go with the one which is widely used, so it reduces your chance of getting old one.

Cooler Master Cryofuze Violet
- Cheap at ₹349
- One of the best performing pastes (12.6 W/mK)
- Looks like the bubblegum Boomer when it's chewed
- Because it's so thick and viscous, it's probably less likely to suffer from pump-outs on laptop CPU/GPU paste application, though I haven't tested

My main mainstay has been noctua NT-H1, but have tried deepcool and coolermaster also....didn't found much difference...but application should be good

thermal grizzly or noctua if you can spend on them else go with arctic mx4 i personally use it and it gets the job done perfectly fine!

Back