PC Peripherals Suggest UPS with power monitoring

nRiTeCh

Skilled
A dear friend is looking for a UPS supporting these features:
  • Supporting Powerchute type of technology to monitor wattage usage.
  • Turning Off that irritating Alarm/Silencing option.
  • Shutdown computer when inactive for specific time.
Budget 4.5k but may wont mind going + - a bit for a product offering all above features.

Setup: some Amd fx combo, hard drive 1tb + 500gb, Corsair Vengeance 4 gb, sapphire 7770 1gb, seasonic s12 520w, cm elite cabby, dell 24in led, samsung dvdrw, creative sb, keyboard and mouse.

APC Back-UPS 700VA (BE700Y-IND). Supports Powerchute. Powerchute has the option to disable alarms (except for the battery failure alarm).

APC BACK-UPS 700VA gives Output Power Capacity of 420 Watts. Is it ok to go for this as friend plans to upgrade his psu a modular one 700+ watts.

I'm noob :shy: at understanding relation between UPS and PSU wattage hence I feel the UPS wattage should be more than that of the total PSU required, please correct me if I'm wrong here.

CyberPower BU1000 feels good as well but never heard the name as against Powersafe. And not sure if its PowerPanel Personal Edition sofwtare comes bundled with this model. :confused:

More models please.

Your Total power draw is 408w and even if you have a 700w PSU you don't need 1000VA UPS as APC BACK-UPS 700VA(Output Power Capacity of 420 Watts) is enough for you which gives at least 5 mins back up.

He is looking for something which 'll give him at least 10 min backup as he works on cad and graphics software and hence cant interrupt his ongoing work and takes 5+mins or so to sum up his work before shutting down the pc.

Also a UPS offering 5min backup may loose the value in next 2 years and might fall down to 1 min backup or instantly shutdown as if there isnt any ups but just a direct connection.

I need list of APC ups which supports its Powerchute software.
Unable to find on the net nor such anything clearly mentioned on their website.

Last edited:
Back