Suggestion about book library having spiritual books in Mumbai

MAGNeT

Skilled
One of my friend is into meditation and all.And loves to work on it.

She wish to get get some books around 10-12 for personal knowledge purpose but since all are foreign authors each book cost around 750+.

Her family is not supporting in this endeavor of her and she is not on job right now.So getting the book looks a tough nut.

I wanted to know are there any library which rents out such foreign author books.According to her spiritual books are tough to find .Buying each book looks a tough nut.

I am ready to help her upto 500 buks per month untill she gets job .So if any library rents her it will be really helpfull .I have heard about asiatic library but not sure about its membership as they look to have no site.

ANy help is welcome.

Amazon has started a kindle books rent service. Probably the books are available on it. Try searching on Amazon.

Maybe indiareads.com or librarywala.com could be useful? I have prior experience with the latter & the system works well. Of course, look for whether the books she wants are in their catalog first. With the former, it seems to me like they have every book under the sun. Too good to be true? IDK. Which is why I'm about to create a thread asking about it.

Another option worth exploring is to buy used books from infibeam.com or abebooks.com.[DOUBLEPOST=1407304419][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if you're open to ebooks. you could try openlibrary.org. Search for ebooks only on the site. If the ones you want are available in ebook format, you can simply borrow a digital version for up to 2 weeks.
The library is different from gutenberg,org or archive.org because it has many books which are still under copyright, thanks to libraries/publishers who have contributed to the ebook pool. I just stumbled across it yesterday & I think it's awesome for booklovers everywhere. HTH.

Last edited:
Back