Budget 0-20k Suggestion for external drive

sunily

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I existing 500GB and 1TB external drive are failed and all my critical data is present on single internal disk.
I want to buy an external drive for backup as well as in case I have to transfer data between desktop and laptop.

Please suggest 1-2 TB external disk options. No preference for any vendor, just that it should be reliable.
I am staying in Gurgaon.

Budget within Rs 5000.

HDDs are always less reliable than SSDs I hope you already know that since it has moving parts it can fail anytime.
If you have critical data you should save some more and buy an external SSD instead maybe even used from WTS section of this forum or post your requirement in WTB section.

Almost all mechanical drives in the market are same in reliability point of view, so pick any drive which is cheapest.

HDDs are always less reliable than SSDs I hope you already know that since it has moving parts it can fail anytime.
If you have critical data you should save some more and buy an external SSD instead maybe even used from WTS section of this forum or post your requirement in WTB section.

Almost all mechanical drives in the market are same in reliability point of view, so pick any drive which is cheapest.
Thanks @enthusiast29 for the quick response. But external SSD is way expensive if I go with 1 TB (12000+), so I prefer to have 2 copies of data. One is already present on internal 2TB disk and looking for external disk. Both disks cannot fail at same time.

If hdd fails there are ways to recover data
Not so in ssd's. And ssd die too.
The cost of recovering data from dead drives doesn't justify the saved money initially and SSDs have far far less failure rate than HDDs.
I've seen "professionals" quote any random amount in the name of data recovery. Now granted they maybe experts in their job but if data is so important in the first place one should have redundant backups or more reliable drives.

How about this one
That's a well known good drive and so is this: https://www.amazon.in/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Playstation/dp/B00TKFEEAS
You can go with any.

I bought mine from amazon around 4k WD which is working perfectly and haven't faced any issue yet. One of my friends also bought transcend External HD and he is still rocking that since 4 years.

Back