Suggestion for good Robot vacuum cleaner

I am new to robotic vacuum cleaner and looking for it with the mopping function.
As per my online research it should have below specs however not sure whether these points will conclude good robotic vacuum cleaner and looking for feedback from fellow members here who are using it or knows better about it.
- Lidar or better navigation is mandatory.
- WiFi connectivity and good android app for use.
- Good suction power ( i read >2000Pa is good)
- Easy to clean filter.
- Reusable mop
- Good after sales support.

I am little hesitant about this product since there are very less review available from Indian market on its ability to clean (removing dust) and mopping properly.
Does it clean all area without much intervention and cover all areas in home. Sometimes it will be used by elder people so looking for kind of power on & forget :)
I have visited few stores in my area like Croma, reliance digital, most of them don't have much brands available and staff don't have much information about it.
A guy at Croma demoed one model from Haier and it looks pretty silent but observed it is not collecting shredded paper, seems has low suction power.

My budget is around 25K. I am hesitant to use IOT devices from brands like Xiomi, Viomi. So kindly suggest me good robot vacuum cleaner model.

Hope these can help.

I have some experience with these.

More suction power is needed when you use it on carpets.

If you have hard floor like our indian Mosaics, Marble, granite, Ceramic tiles, etc; even 100Pa is enough. I run my native cleaner at normal or quiet mode and it does the job well for a granite floor.

Easy to clean filter is definitely needed, especially those with a separate layer to prevent the HEPA filter from clogging directly. Xiaomi, Viomi and few other models are bad at these. Look for ones like Realme, Eufy 35c which has a extra pre filter screen to easily clean most of the dust

mop is always resuable, since you just need to wash it like any other dirty rug and use it, but do not expect to remove stubborn stains like a stand alone mop, since there is no weight nor movement acting on the floor. The latest 1000vibrations a minute is just a gimmick, since it still only wipes superficially, but with the initial vacuum being good, you need to use a dedicated mop may be twice a week or alternate days at max.

After sales is totally manufacturer dependent.

One more thing to consider is the spares cost. Since you will have to replace the brushes and filter and mop cloth eventually, based on usage. Expensive spares is no good.

I felt the Taurus Homeland Laser and Realme TechLife are good in the below 15k and 25k category. Realme if your home is large with more than 1500sqft since it has more battery. Else Taurus is enough and has remote too.

If you want a self emptying bin, then check out Neabot N1 which is the only one below 30k, but I feel it is not needed unless there is NO ONE at home to empty the integrated dust bin everyday.

Thanks for your feedback. I have seen in some reviews about issues related to cleaning areas around obstacle. In this case i believe Lidar or better navigation with mapping is required. Do you know about spares availability for Taurus and whether they are cheaper. How about brands like Eufy & Mcturing.

Taurus is handled by Inalsa in India. They are available upon placing service request.
McTuring, I would avoid.
Eufy is very good, but I felt it is expensive. I contemplated the X8 hybrid, but it was 10k more than it should be.

Lidar is only for plotting the path, when near objects, the proximity sensors on the sides and front is what matters; along with the bump sensor. My routine is to keep as much objects above ground when running the robo for an easier and thorough clean.

I have the first generation Xiaomi vacuum. Pretty good suction and cleaning algorithm. It even recieves regular updates (one update improving the cleaning time quite noticeably).
It even works without setting up with your phone (power button does everything). Check their latest model if you change your mind.

I have the first generation Xiaomi vacuum. Pretty good suction and cleaning algorithm. It even recieves regular updates (one update improving the cleaning time quite noticeably).
It even works without setting up with your phone (power button does everything). Check their latest model if you change your mind.
Is the latest model worth the extra cost compared to Realme?
I found the first one to be not up to the mark in terms of vacuuming and mopping compared to RealMe. In fact Ecovacs Deebot comes at 25-26k when on deal in amazon frequently and I feel that would be better.

Main concern is the gravity based mopping solution while Realme and Taurus has a pump to ensure water is forced when mopping and does not drip even when paused.

Then there is the air filter which lacks a protective film layer to easily clean off the dust.

The plan was kept on hold for festive season's offers and Amazon's festival offers will start soon.
Some of Eufy models has only one brush, will that add any limitations to vacuuming. I don't see much options available in market who can do Vacuum & mop at same time.
I am more inclining towards Ecovacs, is there any other better options available than this. TIA.

2 side brush is not always better than 1.
1 brush is enough since the cleaning happens towards the right of any robot.
It is not recommended to vacuum and mop at once, due to the mess it leaves within the vacuum tanks.
I always run it for vacuum, then remove the brushes and run for mop, which avoids splashing / spraying.

Updating this thread for others
We are looking to replace a practically dead Robo Vac and discarded Robo Mop with one
so far we have had demos for
Eureka Forbes
iRobot
McTuring

Eureka Forbes:
Standard expectations - Pioneer in Vacuuming their LVac voice n Pro seems good, good for decent mopping (Dust compartment is ~350ml another 300~ for water for spray before mop)
vacuum noise is decent at Standard and manageable on High power we picked this one ~31000INR

MCTuring - Was good, struggled a bit with coffee and ketchup partially dried stains but better in some cases than Eureka Forbes. could get a separate dry compartment extra only for Vacuuming
but compared to EF the brushes and HEPA filters needed replacement sooner as per the Demo agent. ~34000 INR

iRobot - the Agent came with a i9 Roomba and a disappointing demo ,, No app and couldn't show all featured and also lesser noisy function. He assured to get app installed and come back again later an didn't bother (This is in Kondapur Hyderabad ) Just for this reason my wife walked away from the demo and I told the guy the demo is disappointing after showing I am an existing irobot customer . I am writing comments on all Insta, FB or other ad posts which are now flooding my profile just to stick it to them ~59000 INR

Conclusion: Went with Eureka Forbes with following reasons:
brushes and Hepa Filter needed changing post 12 -15 months >> MCturning & almost the same as iRobot
1 Battery charge = 120 mins which is doesn't go below 70% now by the time 1500 SFT is vacuumed and mopped (Not using for HT room and Patio)
Need to add another floor plan for using there as well.
I plan to get my old irobot Braava fixed and start using for mopping only AV room may be
I also know MI one is a big hit but I couldn't get demo for that one and EEE Bot which we tried

Attachments

• 20231226_182649.jpg
    20231226_182649.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20231226_182657.jpg
    20231226_182657.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231227_122801.jpg
    20231227_122801.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231227_122840.jpg
    20231227_122840.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
depends on the budget - go for the less pricy one since most perform the same once you exceed the minimum specifications

31k seems high though. I got a Realme for 21k for family in hometown and it was used well for a week before they felt mopping is not enough and manual mopping has no replacement. :|

Have a question about cleaning around the corners. Is it able to clean dust around corners or wall skirtings?
Most will leave a few square inches. Right now depending on how you much money you spend on a robot vacuum and mop, it can do 80-95% of the cleaning a maid will do. But it's not a 100% replacement for a maid, it's for people who don't mind cleaning once in a while themselves to do the remaining 10%.

depends on the budget - go for the less pricy one since most perform the same once you exceed the minimum specifications

31k seems high though. I got a Realme for 21k for family in hometown and it was used well for a week before they felt mopping is not enough and manual mopping has no replacement. :|
Problem is there's a tiny mop which gets dirty pretty quickly and needs to be replaced or washed. If not done, it will just smear dirt around the house and the floors won't quite shine. I find if you change the mop everyday and add a drop of handwash in the water tank, it does a pretty decent job. I believe the more expensive models (like Ecovacs X1 Omni) have auto washing stations that can take care of this, but I can't vouch for them myself.

Most will leave a few square inches. Right now depending on how you much money you spend on a robot vacuum and mop, it can do 80-95% of the cleaning a maid will do. But it's not a 100% replacement for a maid, it's for people who don't mind cleaning once in a while themselves to do the remaining 10%.

Problem is there's a tiny mop which gets dirty pretty quickly and needs to be replaced or washed. If not done, it will just smear dirt around the house and the floors won't quite shine. I find if you change the mop everyday and add a drop of handwash in the water tank, it does a pretty decent job. I believe the more expensive models (like Ecovacs X1 Omni) have auto washing stations that can take care of this, but I can't vouch for them myself.
Adding any frothing liquid to the tank is not advised. It would cause air pockets (bubbles) that would damage the pump (if there is one), but with respect to vacuuming, this does a great job. I would go as far to say it is better than humans.
Mopping is a whole different ball game. Unless there is a rotating / revolving mop brush model - it cannot match the weight of a human pressing down. But, with the level of vacuuming, I used to use the mop feature only once in a week, since the hard floors of our country is so easy for these machines; compared to the carpeted one's of abroad.

Adding any frothing liquid to the tank is not advised. It would cause air pockets (bubbles) that would damage the pump (if there is one), but with respect to vacuuming, this does a great job. I would go as far to say it is better than humans.
Mopping is a whole different ball game. Unless there is a rotating / revolving mop brush model - it cannot match the weight of a human pressing down. But, with the level of vacuuming, I used to use the mop feature only once in a week, since the hard floors of our country is so easy for these machines; compared to the carpeted one's of abroad.
I've heard the same but seems to be just over cautious instructions from the manufacturer. I don't see logically how it would damage it.

I've heard the same but seems to be just over cautious instructions from the manufacturer. I don't see logically how it would damage it.
Simple logic that I can think of is, the bubbles are cavitation creators, which we avoid in fluid dynamics.
Those bubbles could cause the pump to strain I guess.

Simple logic that I can think of is, the bubbles are cavitation creators, which we avoid in fluid dynamics.
Those bubbles could cause the pump to strain I guess.
Cavitation bubbles are vaccum inside a liquid, these are air bubbles so not the same. I know water in an air compressor is dangerous (because water is incompressible) but the reverse is not true.

Cavitation bubbles are vaccum inside a liquid, these are air bubbles so not the same. I know water in an air compressor is dangerous (because water is incompressible) but the reverse is not true.
Interesting. I need to brush up on my fluid dynamics again, but will definitely have a look when free (If I am free that is).
I used to think that air in a liquid pump / motor is bad since that would cause dry run state and damage.

Thanks for this info though. Will have this in the million long list back log that I need to attend to. ;)

Back