Suggestion for Headband for Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
My Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro is over a year old and the headband leather like layer as started disintegrating...
Is their any DIY stuff to repair it or any alternate good quality stuff for the same as a replacement.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
get a piece of genuine leather sheet & DIY, or get help from any nearby bag repair/stiching shop.

BTW im socked, how this could be in this one year.. does the quality deteriorated now a days? you used some harsh chemicals or you got a second quality headphones.
my 2011-2014 purchased beyers stil as good as new. ( all my cans are german import though).

I'm quite shocked that yours deteriorated this badly in a year. Looks more like a cat went to town with it. I have a DT770 which is just over a year old and looks brand new inspite of regular use.

Call up the closest Beyerdynamic service center, they should be able to provide you with the original replacement headbands. You can also take a look at this aftermarket headband from Dekoni.

get a piece of genuine leather sheet & DIY, or get help from any nearby bag repair/stiching shop.

BTW im socked, how this could be in this one year.. does the quality deteriorated now a days? you used some harsh chemicals or you got a second quality headphones.
my 2011-2014 purchased beyers stil as good as new. ( all my cans are german import though).
That Chemical might be my sweat :p But no chemicals and all. may be the climate of the previous room... no idea. This was a brand new purchase. the peice you are looking at above is been strapped by me as its was the last peice remaining. the rest melted like what clay feels. so I had to clean it. and to show or as about it, I peeled it of where it was intact.
I'm quite shocked that yours deteriorated this badly in a year. Looks more like a cat went to town with it. I have a DT770 which is just over a year old and looks brand new inspite of regular use.

Call up the closest Beyerdynamic service center, they should be able to provide you with the original replacement headbands. You can also take a look at this aftermarket headband from Dekoni.
They are charging 2k+ for this i suppose.

Back