Suggestion for PC NFC/BT/Fingerprint lock

I am looking to get a PC locking device for my office which can lock my system if I am away at a certain distance and unlocks when I am in range.

The fingerprint lock would also work but with a proximity based lock even if I forget to lock it manually, it would automatically do it if I go away.

Only priority is reliability.
On amazon, I couldn't find much options to choose from.
Anybody who has first hand experience with something like this?

Use TPM
Trusted Platform Module coupled with Motion sensor on top of your PC or the room where your PC resides.
Now TPM became standard for Win11
PS: I was searching for this an year ago BTW

Windows has an inbuilt dynamic lock, uses Bluetooth

Not sure about reliability. Also, Bluetooth range might be too big, depending on requirement.

Edit- windows hello can be used to lock/unlock when face not detected/going away from pc.

I think I will look into Windows Hello as I also need to buy a webcam. Might serve dual purpose, I guess.
Strange, that I had never heard of Windows Hello service before tonight.

Thanks guys

I think I will look into Windows Hello as I also need to buy a webcam. Might serve dual purpose, I guess.
Strange, that I had never heard of Windows Hello service before tonight.

Thanks guys
Be aware that not any webcam will work with windows hello. Afaik it uses IR along with regular cam. Think of it like FaceID for windows.
Make sure to check if the webcam is windows hello compatible.

Be aware that not any webcam will work with windows hello. Afaik it uses IR along with regular cam. Think of it like FaceID for windows.
Make sure to check if the webcam is windows hello compatible.
Damn, the prices are skyrocketed for those. Logitech 500 is retailing for 11k+ on amazon.

Will check offline I guess

Damn, the prices are skyrocketed for those. Logitech 500 is retailing for 11k+ on amazon.

Will check offline I guess
Look for webcams in this store as it's still sold for good prices here but I haven't bought from these people though: https://ltonlinestore.com/

Back