SUGGESTION NEEDED - A 7k touchscreen phone for girlfriend urgently

Charun

Skilled
hey guyz i need to buy a 7k touchscreen phone for a friend of mine tomorrow

her requirements are

1] the phone's build quality should be the best [she drops her phone atleast 3 times a day :p

2]decent looks - how all girls need

3]good camera

4] music quality should be good

i guess thats enough requirements

i have suggested her to go for 5233 or 5230

or i am thinking for a combo of 5233 + pl11 - hows that ?

Metalspree said:
5230 has 3G and GPS but 5233 lacks both of them .Are you sure she is going to like the resistive touch screen ??
hmm but i cant get a capacitive touch screen at this budget bro

pinga123 said:

- Average Price Rs.7350

- Internal - 70MB & 128MB RAM

- 2MP CAM

- 3G HSDPA 3.6 Mbps

- A-GPS support; Nokia Maps 2.0.

- SYMBIAN OS v9.4, S60v5.

- 434 MHz processor

- Has 1320mAh Batterry

(STAND BY 432hrs & TALK TIME 7hrs)

I guess you should have a look in following thread.

Nokia 5233 or 5230?? - Frendz Forum
thnxs will have a look :)

swastikrj said:
hmm but i cant get a capacitive touch screen at this budget bro

yes surely you can get in samsung corby

it is a very good phone and I own it and drop it twice or thrice a week but nothing happens to it

but my freind's 5233 fell only one time and it needed to be repaired

ya corby is a real girly phone with flashycolour cover. if she uses her phone for basic needs the corby should be good for her.

Its for the geek in us we do not like corby.

ggt said:
ya corby is a real girly phone with flashycolour cover. if she uses her phone for basic needs the corby should be good for her.

Its for the geek in us we do not like corby.

good for guys also as it has a black back pannel which looks as smart as a htc

+1 for corby considering that it'll be used by a girl.
Also, girls usually dnt understand diff b/w java or symbian platforms..... :hap5:
corby's touch response is far better than nokia 5233...
u can also look at new LG's pep series....

ohho, so charun has got a girlfriend. great kya baat hai! gift her your Omnia HD Dude, that would a real investment instead of selling it. :d

lol enough of OT. Dont come jumping on my throat for that. :p
Corby pro is a great phone for girls, with a solid built and a sliding qwerty keypad. a bit out of range (~9k), but its worth. You can take my word on that and i can vouch or it.
Otherwise, get 5230/5233, but dont ever dare to look at teh LG series, they suck big time.

Ankur said:
ohho, so charun has got a girlfriend. great kya baat hai! gift her your Omnia HD Dude, that would a real investment instead of selling it. :d

lol enough of OT. Dont come jumping on my throat for that. :p

Corby pro is a great phone for girls, with a solid built and a sliding qwerty keypad. a bit out of range (~9k), but its worth. You can take my word on that and i can vouch or it.

Otherwise, get 5230/5233, but dont ever dare to look at teh LG series, they suck big time.
btw i wont give her my omnia hd anytime but she uses it more than me :p - omnia hd is the reason why she wants a touchscreen phone :)

and about the corby thing - i am sorry fellas but she is very very hard to convince :-

1] she wants a phone which a store a hell lot of sms which samsung cant

2]she told me she wont use a corby even if she was getting it for free which she is getting

so corby is out

guess i will have to settle for 5233 or 5230 tomorrow :)

and yeah LG phones really suck big time except lg 6600 cdma which is ****ing awesome at the price of 3.5k - just have a look at its specs and you will understand why

@ METALSPREE -

sorry bro but your tips dint work for me :(

thnxs

@ Charun, what tips! share them with me too! :D

why dont get her the new spice mi300? its a bit out of budget. but android onboard+vfm? and what about some phone from samsung? galaxy 3/5? dont know! but i think it lies around 7k. not sure though.
you can also buy a used iphone 2g if you can consider second hand ones. Whats better than that? rocky_pratik was selling one!

getting a phone is a timed investment. Spend once and rest long. :)

Ankur said:
@ Charun, what tips! share them with me too! :D

why dont get her the new spice mi300? its a bit out of budget. but android onboard+vfm? and what about some phone from samsung? galaxy 3/5? dont know! but i think it lies around 7k. not sure though.

you can also buy a used iphone 2g if you can consider second hand ones. Whats better than that? rocky_pratik was selling one!

getting a phone is a timed investment. Spend once and rest long. :)
no more thinking she's frustrated now and will buy a 5233/30 only

no 2nd hand phones for her too

btw the last statement is more suitable to us and not for girls

Back