Graphic Cards Suggestion Required for Graphics Card ~6k

ak56u

Disciple
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I am looking to buy a new graphics card but am confused due to the insane number of choices. I want a 64-bit able graphics card with an HDMI out(goes without saying), that should be able to play all the latest games including Skyrim and Cod:MW3. I would prefer full HD graphics. My budget is INR 6k(120$) at the most. I am willing to buy from the grey market. Please help me out![/font]

I am looking to buy a new graphics card but am confused due to the insane number of choices. I want a 64-bit able graphics card with an HDMI out(goes without saying), that should be able to play all the latest games including Skyrim and Cod:MW3. I would prefer full HD graphics. My budget is INR 6k(120$) at the most. I am willing to buy from the grey market. Please help me out!

Get the AMD HD 7750 ~6500/-; in-fact even this is not sufficient for future titles. But will run Skyrim and CoD:MW3 easily.

What is your configuration?

Do you have a decent SMPS? Something on the lines of the Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/- OR above.

Here are reviews for the same -- http://www.tomshardw...hmark,3135.html / http://www.anandtech...-edition-review / http://www.hardwarec...hd-7750-review/.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]The 7750 in particular is a standout thanks to the fact that it generally offers 5700 series performance on a sub-75W card, and even at $109 it clearly offers a great deal of value as an HTPC video card. All of this will be an even more welcome change when Cape Verde filters down to laptops in the coming months.[/font]

We haven’t talked much about the HD 7750 and it actually deserves a section all on its own since it does tend to stand out for all the right reasons. Aimed directly at the GTX 550 Ti’s market niche, it fails to actually surpass the NVIDIA card on a regular basis but from a price / performance standpoint, there are some flashes of excellence here. A compact $109 card equipped with top notch decoding capabilities is certainly appealing but unlike the HD 7770, which is quiet as a mouse, the HD 7750’s reference design makes an absolute racket. HIS’ iCooler version quiets things down a bit and coupled with its full sized output connectors, we can see this being the go-to card for entry level gamers and HTPC users alike.​

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

Get the AMD HD 7750 ~6500/-; in-fact even this is not sufficient for future titles. But will run Skyrim and CoD:MW3 easily.

What is your configuration?

Do you have a decent SMPS? Something on the lines of the Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/- OR above.

Here are reviews for the same -- http://www.tomshardw...hmark,3135.html / http://www.anandtech...-edition-review / http://www.hardwarec...hd-7750-review/.

My system is intel core 2 duo 3.0 ghz with 4 gb ram. I know its ancient but I am upgrading components one at a time. I will be using a separate sound card, so audio is not a big deal. Anyways is AMD HD 7750 better than nvidia GTS450?

My system is intel core 2 duo 3.0 ghz with 4 gb ram. I know its ancient but I am upgrading components one at a time. I will be using a separate sound card, so audio is not a big deal. Anyways is AMD HD 7750 better than nvidia GTS450?

Much better in all sphere Sire, much much better. It competes with the successor to the GTS 450, the GTX 550Ti and although it just about evens the field it is much newer and more efficient package.

I have a query, which SMPS do you have?

Much better in all sphere Sire, much much better. It competes with the successor to the GTS 450, the GTX 550Ti and although it just about evens the field it is much newer and more efficient package.

I don't know which SMPS i have. I'm a bit of a noob in computer hardware.

And HD 7750 is available for around ~9k at the local hardware shop. Where can I get it for 6.5k?

I have a 450W SMPS

Finally decided to go with HD 7750....

You can get it here-http://www.theitware...ard-p-2538.html,where are you from?

I am from Delhi, India.

I don't know which SMPS i have. I'm a bit of a noob in computer hardware.

And HD 7750 is available for around ~9k at the local hardware shop. Where can I get it for 6.5k?

Well as Jakob has already told you where you can find the HD 7750 ~6500/-.

Where are you based off that you are getting such a high price quote?

And for your information, this is a SMPS / also referred as the PSU.

Looks like this -->

If you have some local PSU / SMPS, I recommend that you buy a Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-. It is for safekeeping of your new graphics card as a local SMPS will just not cut it.

[mod] Please avoid hotlinking images.[/mod]

Well as Jakob has already told you where you can find the HD 7750 ~6500/-.

Where are you based off that you are getting such a high price quote?

And for your information, this is a SMPS / also referred as the PSU.

Looks like this -->

If you have some local PSU / SMPS, I recommend that you buy a Corsair CX V2 430W ~2400/-. It is for safekeeping of your new graphics card as a local SMPS will just not cut it.

I am using a local 400W SMPS.

Anyways, I have decided to upgrade my processor. I am looking at AMD Bulldozer Fx-4100 with Asus-M5A88-M mother board. My question is will the integrated graphics be enough for gaming or will I still have to buy a GPU?

I am using a local 400W SMPS.

Anyways, I have decided to upgrade my processor. I am looking at AMD Bulldozer Fx-4100 with Asus-M5A88-M mother board. My question is will the integrated graphics be enough for gaming or will I still have to buy a GPU?

First thing you need to change then is your SMPS, go for the Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/-.

For CPU for upgrades, go for the following set-up [instead of AMD FX-4100] --

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6500/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/- OR MSi H67MA-E35 ~4800/-

Corsair XMS3 OR G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x1 ~1600/-

and yes even after all these upgrades you will need to buy a graphics card to play games.

Yep, discrete GPU is a must for gaming(or atleast for the games that you play).

But psu upgrade should be given a top priority imo. Also go for a psu from a reputed manufacturer and not some elcheapo crap!

Also skip bulldozer if possible. It's slower than i3 2100 at gaming even when overclocked. Plus you would have a good upgrade path going with SB instead of bulldozer.

Yep, discrete GPU is a must for gaming(or atleast for the games that you play).

But psu upgrade should be given a top priority imo. Also go for a psu from a reputed manufacturer and not some elcheapo crap!

Also skip bulldozer if possible. It's slower than i3 2100 at gaming even when overclocked. Plus you would have a good upgrade path going with SB instead of bulldozer.

Which motherboard would you suggest, given my budget is 12k max for processor+motherboard.

Which motherboard would you suggest, given my budget is 12k max for processor+motherboard.

Intel Core i3 2100 ~6200/-

Intel DH67-BL ~5400/-

OR

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/-

MSi H67MA-E35 ~4500/-

Intel Core i5 2320 ~9500/-

MSi H67MA-E35 ~4500/-

I second that.

Just for 2k more, you can build a rig that can smoke i3 system! Just let us know if it's ok with you to increase your budget.
<

I second that.

Just for 2k more, you can build a rig that can smoke i3 system! Just let us know if it's ok with you to increase your budget.
123.gif

I have decided to buy the graphics card only and save for the processor and motherboard. Thanks a lot for your help guys!

I'll be buying AMD HD 7750 with a creative or asus PCI to complete my HTPC. Do let me know if I am making an uninformed decision on the graphics card. Also, the site you have mentioned, is it safe to buy online from them?

I'll be buying AMD HD 7750 with a creative or asus PCI to complete my HTPC.

That will be great Sire, happy gaming.

No at the ~6500/- you cannot go wrong with the HD 7750, it is a new design highly optimized for power saving, gives performance ~90% of the GTX 550Ti and should be able to play most current and upcoming titles @1080p with low --> moderate eye-candy.

What Creative OR ASUS PCI card are you referring too?

That will be great Sire, happy gaming.

No at the ~6500/- you cannot go wrong with the HD 7750, it is a new design highly optimized for power saving, gives performance ~90% of the GTX 550Ti and should be able to play most current and upcoming titles @1080p with low --> moderate eye-candy.

What Creative OR ASUS PCI card are you referring too?

I was looking at Asus Xonar-DG sound card. Turns out, it only has an optical out, whereas I want a digital coaxial out as thats the only digital in left in my avr. So, I am looking for a card with a digital coaxial out within 2k as I don't want to buy those optical to coaxial converter. Any help would be appreciated.
<

I was looking at Asus Xonar-DG sound card. Turns out, it only has an optical out, whereas I want a digital coaxial out as thats the only digital in left in my avr. So, I am looking for a card with a digital coaxial out within 2k as I don't want to buy those optical to coaxial converter. Any help would be appreciated.

Hmmm... let other members shed some light Sire, I am not really good at Audio paraphernalia.

Also, don't forget to upgrade your SMPS to a Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/- minimum, Cheers!!

Hmmm... let other members shed some light Sire, I am not really good at Audio paraphernalia.

Also, don't forget to upgrade your SMPS to a Cooler Master GX450W ~3000/- minimum, Cheers!!

Do I have to upgrade my SMPS now, or is it okay if i upgrade it when I buy the new processor?

Back