Video Suggestions for 40" or 46" LCD

cybertragic

Disciple
Hi. I need an LCD for my room. Since its a large room I would like to get the largest possible good-quality Full HD LCD possible within my budget. Following are the requirements:

Budget: Rs. 50,000/- (Max 60,000/-)

Size - Largest possible in 40 to 46"

Features - Full HD is preferable but HD Ready can also do

Uses: Tata Sky (regular) and the occasional dvd

Place I'll be buying from: Kolkata

Please give suggestions regarding which brand and model would look good and give the best picture. Kolkata people - pls also suggest which place might give the best deal and if you people have any good contacts.

well with ur budget u can check out the samsung LE-40B550A this will be available next month ,but it may be availabe already since samsung did launch those tvs yesterday.
or the soon to be launched sony KLV-40V550A or KLV-40S550A.

its worth waiting for these new tvs since they have greatly imrpoved image processing particulary for SD content and interlaced signals that u get from TATA SKY+ or BIG tv or SUN DTH.they also have a huge improvement in contrast levels.

u can also go for the HD ready plasma models like the panasonic PV80 or wait for the newere X10 plasmas,samsung also have or will lauch their new plasma ranges so its better to wait for a month.

Thanks a ton for the suggestions. I do not mind waiting a couple of weeks if I can get something vastly improved. Can you tell me what would be the approx price range for the models that you have quoted.

Also I'm sure I'd like to go for lcd and not for plasma coz we have major load-shedding problem and have to use the invertor a lot.

well the new models will mostly be priced similarly or cheaper,but then again the street prices of older models might be cheaper,since dealers wan't to get rid of the old stocks,if u are looking looking at power efficiency then lcds are the way to go and sony models are a tiny bit more efficient then the samsung models

Thank you. Any more suggestions?

Any suggestions on which place in Kolkata would be the best and cheapest to buy. Also any site where I can find the best and accurate prices from Indian point of view.

cybertragic said:
Thank you. Any more suggestions?

Any suggestions on which place in Kolkata would be the best and cheapest to buy. Also any site where I can find the best and accurate prices from Indian point of view.

well the new models have already been launched and looks like they have the same MRP.

Be aware that watching Tata Sky on an FHD TV might not be the smartest thing to do. I'm flogging a dead horse here, but if your usage patterns are the same as you mention in the earliest post, why not get an HD ready plasma? Panasonic have some nice models in that price range.

Back