Suggestions for 65 Inch TV

Mr.J

Skilled
1. Budget.
- 1.25 lakh max

2. Viewing distance.
- 12-14 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
- DTH and External Storage

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
- LED

5. Preference for brands.
- Sticking to big brands so not interested in Vu, OnePlus etc.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
- No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
- Regular lights

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
- No

I don't think so. They're like triple of my budget.

One of the reasons why I started this thread is because I had all but decided on Sony Bravia series but both rtings and reddit are advising against them. Unfortunately we don't live in a country so I just want to know how to get best bang for the buck.

You can grab a c1 55 inch easily if you're in to oleds, 65 inch OLED you can get for as low as 1.5-1.7L after bargaining during Diwali sale.

That's a tricky budget for 65 inches because you can get good 55 inches or good-ish 65 inches.
If you're strict on budget and only need 65 inches then I'd suggest this :
Sony Bravia 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 65X9000H (Black) (2020 Model) https://amzn.eu/d/9XnluIr

You can grab a c1 55 inch easily if you're in to oleds, 65 inch OLED you can get for as low as 1.5-1.7L after bargaining during Diwali sale.

That's a tricky budget for 65 inches because you can get good 55 inches or good-ish 65 inches.
If you're strict on budget and only need 65 inches then I'd suggest this :
Sony Bravia 164 cm (65 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 65X9000H (Black) (2020 Model) https://amzn.eu/d/9XnluIr
The difference between 55 and 65 is substantial in size (personal opinion). And i think one should get the biggest screen that one can fit inside their home. :p

Also the picture quality is always almost better than normal LED. I have seen Sony Bravia (OLED) in showroom and they look simply superb. But then i have also heard horror stories about Sony.

The C1 is a decent model. Isn't it ?

Thanks for the suggestion. It doesn't look like the Sony model is in stock.
65 inch is in stock, at least for me. Though it is old it's still quite good.
The difference between 55 and 65 is substantial in size (personal opinion). And i think one should get the biggest screen that one can fit inside their home. :p

Also the picture quality is always almost better than normal LED. I have seen Sony Bravia (OLED) in showroom and they look simply superb. But then i have also heard horror stories about Sony.

The C1 is a decent model. Isn't it ?
Yes the difference is huge but 75 inch is the sweet spot, the difference between 65 and 75 is so much more noticeable than 55 and 65. C1 is pretty good, c2 is coming soon so you might get offers on C1. Best place to buy is offline from LG store, reliance or croma after bargaining.

65 inch is in stock, at least for me. Though it is old it's still quite good.

Yes the difference is huge but 75 inch is the sweet spot, the difference between 65 and 75 is so much more noticeable than 55 and 65. C1 is pretty good, c2 is coming soon so you might get offers on C1. Best place to buy is offline from LG store, reliance or croma after bargaining.
75 inch is indeed better. But the price difference is also huge. The bigger the better. Lol :p

And 75 inch OLED will be north of 4 L+. Cannot afford that much on a TV.

Will look for a deal on C1.

Well i own lg CX i can definitely say its great (got it in january 2021 ,2 yrs lg and added 3 years warranty paid extra) it cost me 1.27 in total

About 65 inch , its overwhelms you in a good way the experience is great ,it would be even better viewing experience than a 55 inch oled.

panels used in tv models launched during 2020 of LG were great , but now sony bravia`s picture quality is better as they have tuned much better than lg and heat dissipation is much better than LG .Also the new kid on the block which is Samsung QD-OLED is also stunning.

follow :https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos for tv reviews

buying tip :go to a store where multiple models are there and show a resolute intent that you want to buy tv and this much is what can i pay you .

If you can get a hold of any OLED tvs in your range, that's great. Else, you can look into Samsung Frame series. I got a 2019 model in 2020 from Samsung, Q7FN 55". Didn't get OLED as the sun would shine brightly on the screen and hence picture would appear washed out. Plus issues with burn-in deterred me from getting an OLED panel. I thin 65" should fit in your budget.
Do give a visit to the showroom, malls to get an idea about how each panel looks.

Well i own lg CX i can definitely say its great (got it in january 2021 ,2 yrs lg and added 3 years warranty paid extra) it cost me 1.27 in total

About 65 inch , its overwhelms you in a good way the experience is great ,it would be even better viewing experience than a 55 inch oled.

panels used in tv models launched during 2020 of LG were great , but now sony bravia`s picture quality is better as they have tuned much better than lg and heat dissipation is much better than LG .Also the new kid on the block which is Samsung QD-OLED is also stunning.

follow :https://www.youtube.com/c/hdtvtest/videos for tv reviews

buying tip :go to a store where multiple models are there and show a resolute intent that you want to buy tv and this much is what can i pay you .
I actually saw a demo of Sony OLED, Samsung frame and LG A1 at CROMA store. The Sony picture was much better than the other two. The Dark Night video was awesome on it and so was the demo video of AC VALHALLA. I was glad that they were actually using a video demo of a game on the TV. PS5 will definitely look super awesome on it.

Samsung Frame has somewhat other kind of beauty. It's hard to believe that it's a TV especially with the bamboo bezels.

Unfortunately they did not have a C1 or CX models from LG to compare.

BTW, can you bargain with CROMA / RELIANCE DIGITAL guys too offline ?? I simply suck at bargaining.

croma no , they are bound by margin , reliance i have no experience . But vijay sales and local city based chain stores yes .best time would be buying in JAN end Feb end for buying prev years model or during quarter end since everyone has a target :D
If you can get a hold of any OLED tvs in your range, that's great. Else, you can look into Samsung Frame series. I got a 2019 model in 2020 from Samsung, Q7FN 55". Didn't get OLED as the sun would shine brightly on the screen and hence picture would appear washed out. Plus issues with burn-in deterred me from getting an OLED panel. I thin 65" should fit in your budget.
Do give a visit to the showroom, malls to get an idea about how each panel looks.
absolutely true ,lg oled panels are glossy so bright room is big no .You always require curtains . go for quantum dot based tvs if you prefer natural light and windows open.

I actually saw a demo of Sony OLED, Samsung frame and LG A1 at CROMA store. The Sony picture was much better than the other two. The Dark Night video was awesome on it and so was the demo video of AC VALHALLA. I was glad that they were actually using a video demo of a game on the TV. PS5 will definitely look super awesome on it.

Samsung Frame has somewhat other kind of beauty. It's hard to believe that it's a TV especially with the bamboo bezels.

Unfortunately they did not have a C1 or CX models from LG to compare.

BTW, can you bargain with CROMA / RELIANCE DIGITAL guys too offline ?? I simply suck at bargaining.
I didn't even have to bargain hard when i showed interest in croma/reliance. Croma instantly gave me a fat discount after starting negotiation where as reliance called me only after 3 days to give me the discounted price.
The online prices for Lg C1 65 in reliance is 2.3L meanwhile they gave me a 1.7L quote on call. Croma also gave similar discounts for another model. There's no point buying these online when you can save more than 50k lol

Also LG after sales support is just awful, they're just like Flipkart. I recently got a new TV and it has terrible DSE and they're sending technicians back to back with no resolution, it's been a month so far. I've heard similar support from samsung too in hifivision

Also have a look at tcls Miniled tvs they might be the best of both , you will get size ,zero tension of burn ins as well as picture quality of Oleds

This only works if you can see the same video on different screens and some how you manage to reset them to the same brightness. I wanted to play some test videos off a pendrive but the guy at the store said he would not allow it because of 'virus' issues.

:oops::rolleyes:

Yeah, no go. It's too difficult to spot differences when the screens in the shop could be on different settings which can make one screen (that they want to sell) look better than another. They are all maxed out on brightness as well. Some screens older than others. SD cable feeds. I gave up.

Last edited:
This only works if you can see the same video on different screens and some how you manage to reset them to the same brightness. I wanted to play some test videos off a pendrive but the guy at the store said he would not allow it because of 'virus' issues.

:oops::rolleyes:

Yeah, no go. It's too difficult to spot differences when the screens in the shop could be on different settings which can make one screen (that they want to sell) look better than another. They are all maxed out on brightness as well. Some screens older than others. SD cable feeds. I gave up.
In reliance digital and LG store they obliged and played it for me side by side with two TVs. Instead of giving your pendrive try asking them to play same video in two TVs, it depends on the store too.

@op I'd also suggest lg Qned91, it's a mini led but you should be fine with bad DSE, other than that this TV looks way better than the qn90a in colours, skin tones. They can be had at 1.35L if you bargain.

Also have a look at tcls Miniled tvs they might be the best of both , you will get size ,zero tension of burn ins as well as picture quality of Oleds

It's really cheap compared to other brand's mini led TVs. Not sure what's the tradeoff here.

Back