Suggestions for a good cordless telephone

Ssreek

Adept
Please suggest a cordless telephone to hook up to fiber connection. Budget around Rs.2k maximum

Need to have
  1. cordless with good range ( sufficient for atleast 800 sq ft area ).
  2. Caller id
  3. Easily available battery incase of replacement.
  4. Loudspeaker.

Is this a regular phone with RJ-11 plug you're asking for?
On the router it shows “TEL”. I found manual of the router online, as per that it is “Connector type RJ11- Connect to VoIP phone. 1 FXS interfaces for phone service”

ok, that is a regular landline phone then. Not one that uses VoIP?
It’s actually Airtel Fibre connection. So the technician said a telephone can be connected to the router.
Any idea how can I check if it is regular or voip? Below are screenshots from manual. See if it’s helpful.

0522765E-EFD4-47C8-BA60-620FB653406F.jpeg
1B93A3D2-A36C-4CE7-8764-C635EE376D34.jpeg

Not to cut in between but same with my tata fiber router. Telephone line/no. is free if I subscribe to their yearly plan. But not interested in investing in any landline yet unless I come across a cheap corded instrument deal..

Not to cut in between but same with my tata fiber router. Telephone line/no. is free if I subscribe to their yearly plan. But not interested in investing in any landline yet unless I come across a cheap corded instrument deal..
Almost all fiber connections are being given free telephone connection I guess. So even if we change to another isp, landline could still be useful. Corded telephones are usually within rs.500 if you need a basic one.

It’s actually Airtel Fibre connection. So the technician said a telephone can be connected to the router.
Any idea how can I check if it is regular or voip? Below are screenshots from manual. See if it’s helpful.

View attachment 155002View attachment 155003
The 5Ren per pots means you can have 5 landline phones all ringing off it.

Can you find a corded phone with an RJ-11 plug and confirm whether it works when you connect it to the router? You must have one somewhere

Can you find a corded phone with an RJ-11 plug and confirm whether it works when you connect it to the router? You must have one somewhere

Well sadly I don't have a telephone in my home right now. I can confirm it is RJ-11 plug at the back.

So the technician said a telephone can be connected to the router.
That means a regular phone using an RJ-11
It has both from what you said. VoIP uses a regular IP network. So it will use an RJ-45 or if it has wifi it can connect to the router that way.

Since you have a VoIP router why not use your mobile to make wifi calls? no need for a cordless phone then

The telephone service provided is VoIP and your router has an inbuilt analog adapter for connecting regular corded or cordless phones.

As @blr_p said, you can bypass this analog adapter and route your telephone calls on wifi. Some configuration changes on your router will be required. Depending on service provider and ONU(router) the success percentage will vary.

The telephone service provided is VoIP and your router has an inbuilt analog adapter for connecting regular corded or cordless phones.
Airtel is providing POTS and VoIP so either way should work
As @blr_p said, you can bypass this analog adapter and route your telephone calls on wifi. Some configuration changes on your router will be required. Depending on service provider and ONU(router) the success percentage will vary.
Might need to get the airtel guy to help with that. Surprised he did not mention this upfront.

Please suggest a cordless telephone to hook up to fiber connection. Budget around Rs.2k maximum

Need to have
  1. cordless with good range ( sufficient for atleast 800 sq ft area ).
  2. Caller id
  3. Easily available battery incase of replacement.
  4. Loudspeaker.

i have the same airtel connection & i had bought the panasonic KX-TG3711SX cordless phone 2 yrs back off of amazon. no complaints so far. fulfills all your requirements, except the price. the price has since then increased by ~1k & overshoots your stated budget. if only you could find a good deal on it somewhere or cheaper locally (could be doubtful though).
[also, it wouldnt work if the internet is down]

Reg cordless, consider the possibility that with everything going wireless these days, far too many wifi networks around you cordless may have interference issues.

Why not. Considering you don't have a landline handset anymore

Can you post the link to the router manual ?
As per model number mentioned on the back of the router, this is the manual - H660GM-A

Airtel is providing POTS and VoIP so either way should work

Might need to get the airtel guy to help with that. Surprised he did not mention this upfront.

I called up service guy, he only seems to know that we can connect telephone to the router. For the config changes and connecting calls through wifi, he isn't aware.

i have the same airtel connection & i had bought the panasonic KX-TG3711SX cordless phone 2 yrs back off of amazon. no complaints so far. fulfills all your requirements, except the price. the price has since then increased by ~1k & overshoots your stated budget. if only you could find a good deal on it somewhere or cheaper locally (could be doubtful though).
[also, it wouldnt work if the internet is down]
Somehow price is increased. I thought telephones would get cheaper, but strange. Similarly there is this one from Beetle, probably has similar features.

Reg cordless, consider the possibility that with everything going wireless these days, far too many wifi networks around you cordless may have interference issues.

I agree. Almost all of them use 2.5ghz, so probably will interfere. But using corded phone is very restrictive and cumbersome to use.

Back