Budget 90k+ Suggestions for a high end Gaming Laptop

Dear friends, I am actually a desktop person but portability is now playing a big role in my life.
The only gaming laptop I have ever owned was the ALIENWARE M17X-R2 in 2011.
Back in the days I had all the time in the world and I used to keep myself updated by going to specific forums for troubleshooting guides/tweaks.
However time is very valuable right now as I have other responsibilities.

Minimum Specs/features and long term reliability I expect in a laptop:
1. High refresh rate display 1080p or 1440p
2. i7 12 gen cpu or higher
3. RTX 3070Ti or Higher.
4. Build quality should be good
5. Ease of use
6. Good ventilation and heat dissipation
7. Decent battery life
8. Hassle free and good after sales support

Any idea where is the Asus ROG experience Center in Mumbai? I would like to know how is the Asus ROG Strix Scar 2022 lineup but haven’t done R&D on other brands yet.
I just want to replace my current desktop gaming system with a good reliable high end gaming laptop and forget about upgrading for the next 4-5 years. I am really not into the laptop “know how” things lately.
Please help me make the right decision which I won’t regret later and once I get one, which forums should I refer to for Gaming laptop related tweaks, troubleshooting, guides, etc.

Please let me know if you all need any further details which may help you guys suggest me in a better way.

Last edited:
ASUS looking good, I like the new zephyrus g14 with latest Ryzen 6000h series CPU and Radeon igpu and dgpu but not yet launched in India... Was looking at youtube video reviews

ASUS looking good, I like the new zephyrus g14 with latest Ryzen 6000h series CPU and Radeon igpu and dgpu but not yet launched in India... Was looking at youtube video reviews
When can we expect the Zephyrus lineup to launch in India? And what about Alienware’s latest laptops?

If you haven't considered it, Steam Remote Play may be an option in some scenarios. It could let you stash your desktop someplace out of the way in your house, and stream/play on a light portable device elsewhere, which would avoid the heating, performance, weight etc. issues that come with gaming laptops. It would need outstanding network connectivity on both ends, however, so outdoors viability may be restricted. I'm keen to try it out myself before long, so don't have all the details as yet, but I think it might support up to 120 FPS.

When can we expect the Zephyrus lineup to launch in India? And what about Alienware’s latest laptops?

I don't know really.... Probably a good idea to watch the reddit like /r/ASUS and /r/AMDLaptops and /r/AMD subreddits, probably news will break there first :D

2022 rog strix lineups are good including the high tgp and better thermals, they also boast a mux switch now which wasn't present in 2021 varients. But I would advice you to go for a legion 5 pro with a 3070(Not sure if you'll find it stocks are rare), or just get a legion 7 from the official website which comes with i9 and a 3080 and doesn't stands out too much in office due it's minimal design.

On the other hand, if you're tight on budget you can always go for a msi gp76 leopard which has 3070 at 140tgp(higher the tgp higher the performance of gpu) or if you want a 3070ti, msi gp66 vector would be the best choice.

MSI Vector GP76/ Asus zephyrus strix scar 15(not good value imo)/ MSI raider GE66 if you want something right away. I would go for the Raider model if money is no issue or else the GP76 would do.
Or would suggest to wait for the Legion 5/Legion 7(gen 3/2022) lineup to drop. Can expect them to drop in the next 3-4 months if past releases are any indication.

Just my two cents- Laptops above 1.5lakhs doesnt have good resale value if you ever want to recover some cost in the future as newer gen makes older costlier models a moot point. Higher end laptops are a sunk cost and make sure you use them forever lol. Cant help but to give this unsolicited advice :sweatsmile:

Well i wouldnt advice taking asus rog, i bought the asus rog strix scar 15 just 13 days ago and it is already facing quite a few issues and the repair center is refusing to repair it as they dont know what the problem was. I would personally reccomend the alienware x17.

You can go for the ASUS ROG G703. It has all the features that a gamer wants to have to be on a game laptop. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, giving you the experience of the next level. It has 32 GB DDR4 RAM and with that you can go for the best gaming experience. With windows 10 you can unlock the 8th Gen Intel Core i9-8950HK processor up to 4.8 GHz.

Back