Suggestions for an Office rig - 20K or cheaper (Urgent)

Mohit

Skilled
Looking for a very basic office rig. It should be able to run Win 7 / Win XP and MS Office perfectly and will also be used for browsing. No gaming, no movies, no music. Please suggest accordingly. Thanks in advance :)

Components Description Price (INR)

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 240(2.8Ghz, 2 cores, 2MB Cache) 2800

Motherboard Gigabyte 740GMT-S2 2700

RAM CORSAIR 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 2300

HDD 500 GB Seagte 7200.12 1900

GPU On Board Raedon HD2100 -

Monitor Dell E1910IN 5850

Cabinet Zebronics/I-Ball case w/o PSU 1000

PSU/SMPS FSP SAGAII 350w/Zebronics Real watta Pro 350w 1500

Key Board Logitech SET - Optical Blk Mouse+ MMKB 700

Mouse NA -

ODD L.G. GH22NS50 OEM SATA DVD-Writer 950

Total 19700

If Intel E5300 ~ 3k and Gigabyte G41MT-ES2L(DDRIII)~2.6k.

Go for a decent PSU as it will provide more stability to the rig.

Thanks for the help. Problem is I won't get any good PSU's here other than bundled Iball/Intex/Zebronics etc. I will be buying the rig in Raipur and availability of such stuff is a major problem here. Everything else looks fine and should be readily available.

Mohit said:
Thanks for the help. Problem is I won't get any good PSU's here other than bundled Iball/Intex/Zebronics etc. I will be buying the rig in Raipur and availability of such stuff is a major problem here. Everything else looks fine and should be readily available.
All are low power components and should run fine in a bundled PSU. If not feasible then go for the bundled one for now and try and upgrade to a entry level PSU when feasible.

How is this PC from Lenovo:

Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz

2GB DDRIII

320 GB SATA

DVD-RW

18.5" LCD

Keyboard, Mouse, ATX Cabinet

And it comes with 3 years on-site warranty. Price is 25,500/- . I just like the warranty part.

Mohit said:
How is this PC from Lenovo:

Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 Ghz

2GB DDRIII

320 GB SATA

DVD-RW

18.5" LCD

Keyboard, Mouse, ATX Cabinet

And it comes with 3 years on-site warranty. Price is 25,500/- . I just like the warranty part.
good choice for office set up if u dont wanna run arnd in case of RMA.

sri_k said:
my only doubt is why would an office rig would require such a powerful rig?
That is a point. But the price seems fine with the 3 years warranty. And no headaches of dealer support and running after people for warranties and returns.

That seems like a good machine but an overkill nevertheless for an office setup. :p

But an on-site warranty for the PCs at the office = peace of mind. Much better than assembled setups. :)

OT - who's that chick in your avatar. Seriously. :ashamed:

If u dont want Virtualization.(Few series of E5xxx dont have them) try getting a PC with a E5300. Should cost 2k lesser than this set up.

You could check these out , Dell - So no warranty hassles :) --

Inspiron Zino Desktop | Dell India -- Non W7 (Linux or XP) - 12k/15k

Dell Inspiron 560s Slim Desktop | Dell India W7 Home Premium - 26k

If you check out the Dell Small Business series there is the vostro - Core 2 Duo E7500 for 30k

AFAIK , you can buy them online

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
That seems like a good machine but an overkill nevertheless for an office setup. :p

But an on-site warranty for the PCs at the office = peace of mind. Much better than assembled setups. :)

OT - who's that chick in your avatar. Seriously. :ashamed:
Check the sig :p "Please do not PM me asking me who the chick in my avatar is"

l33t said:
You could check these out , Dell - So no warranty hassles :) --

Inspiron Zino Desktop | Dell India -- Non W7 (Linux or XP) - 12k/15k

Dell Inspiron 560s Slim Desktop | Dell India W7 Home Premium - 26k

If you check out the Dell Small Business series there is the vostro - Core 2 Duo E7500 for 30k

AFAIK , you can buy them online

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Check the sig :p "Please do not PM me asking me who the chick in my avatar is"

I had seen those Dell ones but they come by default with 1 year warranty and 3 years costs more and increases the price quite a bit. Also the Lenovo one comes with a better processor.

Back