Suggestions for automatic vacuum cleaner.

My parents want to buy a vacuum cleaner that mops the floors on its own. Something like a roomba. I have absolutely no idea about the products, I'm reading about them and trying to gather information, thought I'd ask here aswell. I don't know the exact floorspace but there are two bedrooms, one living room and a common area/small hall.

Their budget it around 30,000 though it can be extended a bit if needed. Very advanced features are not required as they probably won't even be using those advanced features. It should have a vacuum and wet mop, and it should be reliable and long lasting.

If you know about one or have personally used one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong section, Mods please move it to the Buying advice section. Thanks. @Renegade @vyral_143

Last edited:
Ordered this one after reading up quite a bit.

The only reason for going for this one is the Y pattern vacuum+mop function and being cheaper than the RoboRock S5 Max by almost 10k.

Please note that the V3 doesn't handle carpets too well though.

Last edited:
So here goes my update after owning the Viomi V3 for 1 week and using it daily-

Pros-
The vaccum+mop in Y pattern is pretty darn good. It cleans up all the areas it can reach without any intervention.Better yet it meets the mark of approval from my mom who's a dust fanatic and was pretty dismissive about this robot-shobot earlier. :p

Sound in level 3 vaccum function is not crazy and much lower compared to our Eureka Forbes manual vacuum cleaner.

Navigation is very good and we never have to move it around in the main apartment area. The LIDAR sensor always manages to find a way through without getting stuck.

It cannot climb the kitchen floor though as its 4 cm higher. It can climb over the door ledge to reach the balcony though.

It goes under beds/sofas/cupboards etc. as long as you have 10 cm of clearance.

We have to do a bit of moving things around e.g. revolving office chairs/dining table chairs to ensure it cleans those areas up.

The battery reduces to 60% after a full cleaning of our 1400 sq ft apartment so its good enough for 2 cleanups in one charge.

I have only ever used the 2-in-1 tank for vacuum+mop in one go. Water level had to be set to 3 as it has much lower water seepage compared to manual mopping. However the vacuum takes care of the fine dust which is the main reason for manual mopping.

I live in central Kolkata and we needed to dump out the tank once after 5 days and clean the HEPA filter with running water. Based on the dust buildup this can be done weekly and it would be sufficient. Please note that I use this vacuum indoors only and its not meant to be used outdoors.

In case of the kitchen I have to go for area vaccum mode in the Mi Home app after the robot is done with the full apartment and goes back to its dock. Once it reaches the threshold of the kitchen (which is 4 cm higher) I have to pick it up and place on the kitchen floor after which it goes about its work.

-Cons

You cannot arrange the sequence of rooms which are to be cleaned one after the other in the Mi Home app. It will do its own thing based on its algorithm. It does complete one room in one go though i.e. it first goes along the boundaries of each room and then starts traversing the area in between.

The main brush roller gets a lot of hair tangled around it which we need to cut out once a week with the included brush/hook thingy. This is one area where some other vacuums are better as they have main brush rollers with detachable end caps which makes removing tangled hair much easier.

Keep in mind that initial setup needs to be carried out on 2.4 GHz wifi and 5 GHz won't work.If you have the same SSID for both 2.4 and 5 GHz try reducing the transmit power of 5 GHz band to 25% from router admin webpage and move away your mobile so that it connects to 2.4 GHz band only.

Please note that I haven't used it for carpets but marble floors only so cannot comment on carpet cleaning which doesn't seem too good going by YT reviews.

For nooks and crannies it cannot go into you have the push the dust out with a broom into a traversable area which the robot will then pick up. But nonetheless its a reduction of effort by 90% as per my mom which is all good for me.

The buggers have reduced the price by 5k (37k after coupon) now after I bought it (42k). :(

Last edited:
Man, indian pricing is such bollocks. I'm tracking amazon.com pricing of a few 2000Pa eufy models and they all cost the equivalent of Rs. 13k.

~40k for these chinese gadgets is bordering on ridiculous.

My parents want to buy a vacuum cleaner that mops the floors on its own. Something like a roomba. I have absolutely no idea about the products, I'm reading about them and trying to gather information, thought I'd ask here aswell. I don't know the exact floorspace but there are two bedrooms, one living room and a common area/small hall.

Their budget it around 30,000 though it can be extended a bit if needed. Very advanced features are not required as they probably won't even be using those advanced features. It should have a vacuum and wet mop, and it should be reliable and long lasting.

If you know about one or have personally used one, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry I posted in the wrong section, Mods please move it to the Buying advice section. Thanks. @Renegade @vyral_143
Checkout ecovacs deebot , its really good , the app is easy to use and it does the cleaning pretty well too , charges itself automatically and you can set paths and scheduled time everyday and it even scans the entire house by itself pretty well

Checkout ecovacs deebot , its really good , the app is easy to use and it does the cleaning pretty well too , charges itself automatically and you can set paths and scheduled time everyday and it even scans the entire house by itself pretty well
Thanks mate. Have been using the Viomi v3 for the past month.

Back