Suggestions for optimising OTT subscriptions

mayank0623

Disciple
Just renewed my Hotstar and Zee5 subscriptions. Cost 2200 a year which isn't a huge amount for all the entertainment available, but I'm wondering what streaming services, subscriptions and/or bundles you guys use for maximum content coverage, and if there are any significant savings to be had by choosing specific ISPs with included services, or any websites that might similarly bundle together several OTTs at some discount.

Currently the only other OTT app I use is primevideo which just comes bundled with prime, and that costs me 750, so my overall annual bill is for ~2850 rupees. I pay 589 monthly for Airtel Xstream though, which does add up over the year, hence my request for suggestions. I'd like to add that Netflix is probably the only additional subscription I'll need apart from the previous 3 to cover most of what is consumed at my home

I have Airtel black which gives Hotstar and PrimeVideo free. The Xstream app also has bundled SonyLiv premium subscription available for free. Apart from that, there is Netflix group sharing which costs about 160 per month. For bundled apps, there is ottplay which you can give it a shot. It has lot of regional content and bundled subscriptions.

I have Airtel black which gives Hotstar and PrimeVideo free. The Xstream app also has bundled SonyLiv premium subscription available for free. Apart from that, there is Netflix group sharing which costs about 160 per month. For bundled apps, there is ottplay which you can give it a shot. It has lot of regional content and bundled subscriptions.
Ottplay is pathetic, strict no.

Maintain a diary (pen & paper would do) on what you actually watch, for a period of 1 month. Then you will have a clear picture (pun intended) if you need all of those. Also, have a look at Jio TV & Cinema, it bundles a lot of channels, incl., sports.

anybody using tata binge , seems like available on majority of devices (---> Watch on Android Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV stick or Tata Play Binge+ Set Top Box )
prices seems to be too good to be true, how is the app experience and streaming is in HD ? :oops:

1677954879939.png

anybody using tata binge , seems like available on majority of devices (---> Watch on Android Smart TV, Amazon Fire TV stick or Tata Play Binge+ Set Top Box )
prices seems to be too good to be true, how is the app experience and streaming is in HD ? :oops:

View attachment 162240
This is just cable with new branding lmao.

I'm happy being a ☠

View attachment 162240
If you are one an Airtel family plan, then Xstream Premium at 149/month is VFM, or 199/month with Hotstar.

In the past Tata Play required you to maintain an account with at least the FTA charges in addition to the OTT plans, not sure if it is still true.

Found JioFiber to be the most overpriced for 150 Mbps at 1200/month with OTT when I get 400 Mbps without OTT for 800/month.

Presently, using Times Prime for Sony Liv and Hotstar, but the way Hotstar is going with sports streams, will discontinue it and use Liv with Xstream.

when I get 400 Mbps without OTT for 800/month.
From whom? I am paying 1400+GST for 300 Mbps with all OTTs including Netflix. I also have a Binge+ box for parents but without any subscriptions and just normal dth plan. Jio subscription logins work across except a few OTT.

From whom? I am paying 1400+GST for 300 Mbps with all OTTs including Netflix. I also have a Binge+ box for parents but without any subscriptions and just normal dth plan. Jio subscription logins work across except a few OTT.
Jio is literally better than Airtel when it comes to OTTs

I had started with a 125 Mbps plan from Hathway few years ago that they officially increased to 150 and then 200 Mbps, but I get 350+ on it. Jio at my place was at least officially stuck at 150 for the 999+tax plan.

I have Airtel family plan for 5 people that in turn Includes Netlix and Xstream, so it is worth it from a mobile plan perspective. May be Jio is better from only a net+OTT perspective if you use Netflix.

If you are one an Airtel family plan, then Xstream Premium at 149/month is VFM, or 199/month with Hotstar.

In the past Tata Play required you to maintain an account with at least the FTA charges in addition to the OTT plans, not sure if it is still true.
I am using Tata DTH services, was on their site yday for tweaking my TV plan and came across these binge plans.

I had started with a 125 Mbps plan from Hathway few years ago that they officially increased to 150 and then 200 Mbps, but I get 350+ on it. Jio at my place was at least officially stuck at 150 for the 999+tax plan.

I have Airtel family plan for 5 people that in turn Includes Netlix and Xstream, so it is worth it from a mobile plan perspective. May be Jio is better from only a net+OTT perspective if you use Netflix.
Am having hathway internet connection. It has been very reliable in my locality and has been down only twice or thrice in 5 years for around a day or 2, so well... Jio is also available but heard of downtime issues.. Anyways, am looking for Netflix, will check more in binge plan

Back