PC Peripherals Suggestions for PSU

lestat

Disciple
Guys m Researching on my new Machine For Gaming Currently I own a Lappy HP DV5-1015TX. Need your help is selecting PSU for my Yet not decided configuration. I m working To pack everything into my Small Budget OF 60 K MAXXXX.

Proccy Core i5 750
Mobo MSI P55-CD53
RAM 2 GB DDR 1333 Corsair (4 GB If Budget Allowed Me or if i cud get lucky enough to get a used one )
HDD 3*500 GB (I Currently have 2 of them so just have to Buy one more of 500 GB or 1 TB)
GFX GTX 275
Monitor Sammy P2350
DVD SONY

So Please Suggest me a nice PSU Withing my tight Budget as i have to buy a nice External TV Tuner with good resolution :eek:hyeah: for my good monitor and a UPS 650 VA a nice Cabby (Used one will be preferred looking at my budget).

Thinking about this one please suggest if it will suffies my Systems needs:

eXtreme Power Plus 600W - Cooler Master

Thanx in advance :clap::hap2:

(MODERATORS Please dont delete my thread this time or else just tell me how to find my way in Dungeons of T.E. Special Thx in advance to u MODS :hap2::clap:)

(P.S. : I'll Never be going with SLI!! ummm!!! not in near future say 2 yrs) :ashamed:

Corsair VX550W or higher PSU. extremepower series is junk. for external tv tuner card, look at Winfast Palmtop TV. awesome product.

VX450 might be like overloading, when u OC the components. 33A on 12v rail might not be enuf for a GTX275 and an i5.

Glacialpower AL 650AA is anyday better than even VX 550, if you dont consider 5 yrs warranty. Its almost 89% efficient at loads like 500~600w. It easily takes loads upto 730W!!! shud be around 4.6~4.8k

^We've had an instance of a Glacialpower AL650AA not powering a system with GTS250 SLI resulting in frequent BSODs and ultimately the user had to swap the PSU for a corsair supply.

When i was at Lammy many of the vendors suggested me VIP Gold 650 or 600 Watt @ 2.6K. VX 550 was more then 5.5 K i m confused how to fit VX550 in my budget considoring i have decided to go with my CPU-MOBO combo i5 and MSI one Please guys help me out with my whole Configuration if you suggest i can create a new thread using the template. Please Suggest.

lestat said:
When i was at Lammy many of the vendors suggested me VIP Gold 650 or 600 Watt @ 2.6K. VX 550 was more then 5.5 K i m confused how to fit VX550 in my budget considoring i have decided to go with my CPU-MOBO combo i5 and MSI one Please guys help me out with my whole Configuration if you suggest i can create a new thread using the template. Please Suggest.

Stay away from those VIP junk supplies. Might do good for systems running those age-old Athlons or P4s with those IGPs.

Think over it yourself. You invest in a spanking new i5 processor, the MSI board, the GTX275 and crank up Crysis in all anticipation and 2 hours of intense gaming and maybe it starts with few BSODs. Later it may end up in smoke!

You certainly don't want that to happen. People here speak with experiences. ;)

A PSU is as good an investment as any other part in your system so be wise and do not consider this as a wasteful expenditure.

Your system demands a good supply and almost all the good options have been shelled out already! As long as you do not have a specific budget, you will not narrow down to anything.

Gannu said:
Stay away from those VIP junk supplies. Might do good for systems running those age-old Athlons or P4s with those IGPs.

Think over it yourself. You invest in a spanking new i5 processor, the MSI board, the GTX275 and crank up Crysis in all anticipation and 2 hours of intense gaming and maybe it starts with few BSODs. Later it may end up in smoke!

A PSU is as good an investment as any other part in your system so be wise and do not consider this as a wasteful expenditure.

Your system demands a good supply and almost all the good options have been shelled out already! As long as you do not have a specific budget, you will not narrow down to anything.

Yes exactly. You don't want your new expensive hardware to end up in smokes.
Get anyone from Glacial Power AL650AA, Corsair VX550 or Seasonic S12II 500W.
Do NOT go for the cheaper ones from Coolermaster or VIP or any other.

Gannu said:

^^ I couldn't have put in any better.

DON'T under any circumstances end up with a sub-standard/poor PSU unit in your new rig. Invest in a Corsair and stay happy for long.

seriously i had such a bad exoerience with GPAL650AA, the reviews are good but i have my doubts on that PSU. It had problems powering my GTX260 and Q9550 all at stock, after struggling allot with it i jus replaced it with a TX750. But i did sell that PSU and the member who bought it had no problems powering his lower configured rig! Hmmm..

Back