Suggestions for reliable web hosting (Shared)

envira

Disciple
Hello guys,
I have been running a few sites of mine since 2010 which include my personal blog, and a few forums with a moderate but dormant user base.
I have been running them on Arvixe Hosting since its inception. After 13 years I want to change the host due to the fact that the prices have really tripled, as well as a cost-cutting measure as I barely find time to maintain those sites. I don't want to kill the sites as they are dear to me.
During my search, I found a few options, and one among those was Hostinger, good on specs with a 4-year plan costing me around 15k for a shared space. I have a few questions as I have been pretty much out of touch since 2017 since I last coded a website. Is it a reliable host ? What are other options ? even cheaper ones are okay.
Thanks in advance.
regards

If you have the time to set up and manage a server, you can take a look at Oracle free tier. Is lifetime free, but you will have to set up your own hosting framework, set up firewalls, and also set up the domain to point to your server. I guess once you manage to set these up, it's more or less maintenance free. Only maintenance you would need to do would be to install updates and ensure those updates don't break your configs

Hostgator.in ?
Nope hostinger.in
If you have the time to set up and manage a server, you can take a look at Oracle free tier. Is lifetime free, but you will have to set up your own hosting framework, set up firewalls, and also set up the domain to point to your server. I guess once you manage to set these up, it's more or less maintenance free. Only maintenance you would need to do would be to install updates and ensure those updates don't break your configs
Thank you for the tip. I am relatively weak at backend, as I was a front end developer which I learned out of passion. Actually I am a Doctor (Intensivist) by profession and barely finding time to maintain the sites.

Nope hostinger.in

Thank you for the tip. I am relatively weak at backend, as I was a front end developer which I learned out of passion. Actually I am a Doctor (Intensivist) by profession and barely finding time to maintain the sites.
if its mostly static then you might wanna check out Cloudflare pages or even GitHub Pages (its free but downside is domain is not customizable), I have been using Github pages to host my blog/portfolio site for a while now and it can even do SPAs if you are into that, Case in point, I am using Gatsby.

Hostinger is very good. I've been using them for years. I bought the premium pack for 4 years for around ₹6500 with cashback. I'm currently running multiple websites off of it and they are all fast and reliable.

^ Miscommunication from my side, I meant whether you considered hostgator.in as an option.
Thank you for the suggestion. The plans look better and more affordable.

if its mostly static then you might wanna check out Cloudflare pages or even GitHub Pages (its free but downside is domain is not customizable), I have been using Github pages to host my blog/portfolio site for a while now and it can even do SPAs if you are into that, Case in point, I am using Gatsby.
I have a few forum based websites which have a moderate user base like 30k members on one and around 80k on another. But they have been dormant for over 3-4 years. Apart from a few static pages, I have a blog and planning to start another forum. Hence I need a third-party hosting solution. Github pages and gatsby as pointed out are great, but sadly they don't serve my purpose.

Back