Audio Suggestions required-IEM for Rs 500

ssk the gr8

Disciple
Budget = Rs 500

heard a lot about jvc marshmallow and brainwavz alpha
which one should i choose ?or should i go for something else?

I need something that is not very fragile, it should have good enough build quality to handle a little wear and tear

1)people keep talking about different sound signatures so i'll give you my genre of music please suggest

i like bass(esp. thumpy bass :p) but the bass should not overpower the mids and the treble, there should be clarity
i listen to Metal(not heavy metal) , hard rock, rock,alternative rock and a lot of post rock (instrumentals such as god is an astronaut) and background scores/soundtracks

2)source: i'll be using a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter with my nokia 3110c.
will this do justice to my IEM's or i should get a new mobile 1st before getting a good IEM?

Your expectations might be a little high from a 500 bucks IEMs but the JVC Marshmallow comes pretty close to what you are looking for ;).

FaH33m said:
Your expectations might be a little high from a 500 bucks IEMs but the JVC Marshmallow comes pretty close to what you are looking for ;).
hmmm.. what abt the source, will the power output be enough from my nokia 3110c ? will my nokia 3110c do justice to the marshmallows?

bennysachdev said:
Yea, the marshmellows are very easy to drive.
I'm planning to buy marshmallows since you'll say source is not a problem. now 2 of my friends want marshmallows too. if i order 3 , is there a possibility of discount?

You might want to update on your source .. it might drive the marshmallows( which model btw?) but the output from your phone might not be clean or the distortion levels cant be great on the 3110c!

500rs iem or not , you play it using a decent source you will find difference!

avinashwarrier said:
You might want to update on your source .. it might drive the marshmallows( which model btw?) but the output from your phone might not be clean or the distortion levels cant be great on the 3110c!
500rs iem or not , you play it using a decent source you will find difference!
i think its the marshmallows fx34 .. dont have dough for a new phone but will get a decent phone next year

^^Phones are never good sources ! if you really use earphones a lot, i would recommend you to buy a decent player like sansa clip+ which we can get for 2k+for new or lookout for used ones at the market here!

and also Soundmagic PL-21 goes for Rs 486 +taxes + shipping and handling at lynx-india ! Its a sweet deal! and if you upgrade your source, you will find real difference in the pl-21's sound too!

avinashwarrier said:
^^Phones are never good sources ! if you really use earphones a lot, i would recommend you to buy a decent player like sansa clip+ which we can get for 2k+for new or lookout for used ones at the market here!

and also Soundmagic PL-21 goes for Rs 486 +taxes + shipping and handling at lynx-india ! Its a sweet deal! and if you upgrade your source, you will find real difference in the pl-21's sound too!

not even 10k+ phones like lg optimus one or say nokia c7 are good sources?

An mp3 player like the Sansa Clip+ or the Fuze are excellent products and offer much better sound quality than ipods and many other pmps/phones in the market. Needless to say they will render a much better sound through the Marshmellows (and other iems worth x20 times, fx34's price) and push out its full potential. The difference between your phone and a good pmp will become night and day when you get a much more sensitive/detailed iem in the future. But all and all, the Jvc marshmellows are excellent VFM!!

ssk the gr8 said:
not even 10k+ phones like lg optimus one or say nokia c7 are good sources?
Nop man, in most cases a sansa clip+ will be a lot better source even if u compare it to phones of 15k+

i have an e72,e5 and a 5800xpressmusic and none of them are as good or even close to my clip+

^ +1

IMO any phone which came close to a clip+ would be a N91 and tat has some special audio processor

Back