Monitors Suggestions to choose between two Monitors

I want to buy a monitor which I need to use majorly as a secondary monitor along with my laptop screen and also sometimes as a primary display.

I'd want that monitor to be a large sized one, but not too large as anyways it will be placed on my desk (and I'll be working on it in a close position).

I have few confusions and sort of minimal knowledge of their significance in my use case. Like option for LED or not? significance of HDMI port or not? HD Ready or not?

The only thing I right now have in mind is a comparative big size, not harsh on my eyes and above average display.

My use case -

- Web Development Work
- Watching Movies
- Connecting as a secondary display along with my laptop screen and sometimes as primary
- Gaming (very minimal)

Budget is Rs. 8k. ( or should I invest more? )

I have ended up liking two laptops online. Here is the link - LINK

Can you please help me choose / enlighten me on a choice / suggest some other option?

Recent laptops come with HDMI port instead of VGA. So you would need to make sure on getting monitor which has HDMI port.

From the listed two models in link Dell S2240L is better.

Couple of points
- IPS Panel - since you are not in to much gaming but movies, IPS is suitable for you with its better viewing angles. Had you been more inclined on gaming and wanted dedicated monitor, some TN panel was more suitable
- HDMI connectivity and fits in budget.

This one is pretty popular monitor around. Do note that since this one has glossy finish, you need to make sure presence of adequate lighting conditions.

Back