PC Peripherals Suggestions with Cooler & Thermal Paste

Mainak777

Disciple
Hi Everyone.. i have a Ryzen 5900X which i am planning to use with thermaltake water 3.0 riing rgb 360 Cooler..But the issue is the cooler is almost 4 years plus old still in sealed condition (i couldn't use the cooler in my desktop build last time)..

Now i an worried about the thermal paste of the Cooler since its not been used for very long time..Should i wipe of the existing paste and use something like Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or Gelid Solutions GC-Extreme thermal paste or any other alternatives for Hydro Cooler?

Thanks in advance.

if its old and out of warranty dont use it,if it leaks your system will be toast.Buy a new aio from corsair(they cover leakage damage). And yes on such a old cooler you should wipe of the preapplied paste.

if its old and out of warranty dont use it,if it leaks your system will be toast.Buy a new aio from corsair(they cover leakage damage). And yes on such a old cooler you should wipe of the preapplied paste.
It's around 4.5 years old or more..i can't recall.. but its brand new sealed in box.. still it can leak?

I just kept it for future build not aware of leaking issue may arrise later
Go through some YT videos or best try to use it bare outside the system for couple of hours for few days..just turn it on and let it settle. Observe and decide and let us know as well!

Go through some YT videos or best try to use it bare outside the system for couple of hours for few days..just turn it on and let it settle. Observe and decide and let us know as well!
So there is a risk of leakage after 4-5 years? I don't want to take risks

Back