PC Peripherals Suitable SMPS (Power Supply) Unit for Desktop PC

PIYUSH SUKHIJA

Disciple
Please let me know which SMPS i should buy for my Desktop PC. I have Samsung DVD Writer, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Intel i5 440 CPU @ 3.10GHz, Gigabyte Mb B85M-D3H Mother Board, Western Digital 1 Terra byte SATA HardDisk & 32 bit Wndows 7 operating system. My current iBall SMPS is now 3 years old and giving issues such as turning on but not giving display and sometimes restarting on its own.

Are you planning to add/upgrade any hardware in near future ?

For current configuration, Seasonic S12 II 430 should suffice. It will cost roughly 3500-4000.

I also used a PSU Which is a cheap local made caused my mobo and proccy both gone kaput
Thank god those were in warranty so I claimed
I strongly suggest u to Change ur PSU asap
Do not cheap out on the PSU; it is the heart of your PC. In general stick with a reputable mfr like Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, Cooler Master. Where are you buying your PSU? What's your budget?

Mentioned model from Seasonic will best suit to your requirement, in my opinion. Though it may appear to be on little costly side, but as mentioned earlier it is a core part often overlooked. It is an type of insurance for all your components.

Thanks man! Now I'm on to the task of looking out for best price of this Seasonic S12 II 430! Now help with finding the best price, anyone! Again, your help is appreciated, thanks!

From various e-commerce sites, overclockerszone have listed them. overclockerszone are the official distributor of Seasonic in India.

At snapdeal its listed at 4283 but with 7% off offer it should be 3983
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/seasonic-430w-power-supply/1379231

At eBay its listed at 4300. Depending on offers you will get it cheaper.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/SEASONIC-430...pt=IN_Computer_Components&hash=item19f450b91c

At The ITDepot its listed at 4100
http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Seasonic+430W+Power+Supply+(S12II-430)_C14P5918.html

You may check local prices also.

Well I have had multiple bad experiences with SnapDeal.com, precisely 4 so that is just out of consideration. But, thanks for taking out the time for helping!

Bought CorsAir VS 650.
Oh dear, the VS is a very value oriented line.
You should have gone with the seasonic recommended. it had the best components you could put in a psu for under 8k (which is where its real value lies).
Higher wattage does not mean better quality nor is it necessary on a pc without a graphics card. Psu's are most efficient at 50% load which is why members recommended a 430 what psu.

Still, it's a good buy and much better than iball and coolermaster.

I
Oh dear, the VS is a very value oriented line.
You should have gone with the seasonic recommended. it had the best components you could put in a psu for under 8k (which is where its real value lies).
Higher wattage does not mean better quality nor is it necessary on a pc without a graphics card. Psu's are most efficient at 50% load which is why members recommended a 430 what psu.

Still, it's a good buy and much better than iball and coolermaster.
I will need to upgrade my system one day if not today then I would again have to spend bucks on the new smps. Needless to say, it is working fine as wine. Soundless system and pin drop silence! Boots inside 5 seconds and shuts down in 2 seconds. All problems solved.

I

I will need to upgrade my system one day if not today then I would again have to spend bucks on the new smps. Needless to say, it is working fine as wine. Soundless system and pin drop silence! Boots inside 5 seconds and shuts down in 2 seconds. All problems solved.
exactly why you should have gotten a more reliable unit. the VS might do fine for now since you have very basic components but it can affect you once you bring in better components. thats where the risks lie. :/

No I'm not planning to upgrade.
I will need to upgrade my system one day if not today then I would again have to spend bucks on the new smps.

You've actually gone and done the opposite.
Unless you plan on spending 15k+ on a high-end graphics card, the s12ii would have served you better and lasted through any cpu upgrades. it would also be capable of powering any low to mid-range gpu.

If you do plan on getting a high-end gpu that requires 650 watts then again, the corsair vs series is not recommended.

exactly why you should have gotten a more reliable unit. the VS might do fine for now since you have very basic components but it can affect you once you bring in better components. thats where the risks lie. :/
So you mean 650W won't be sufficient enough to upgrade? I'm not an enthusiastic gamer. I play COD and odd games here and there. Not more than that.

So you mean 650W won't be sufficient enough to upgrade?
It's not the wattage that's the issue but the quality of the unit. In fact i doubt if you would ever need 650 watts since cpu's are trending towards efficiency rather than raw speed.
500 watts would have sufficed for any current or future build (without a high-end gpu).
Given the requirements you outlined we all figured the s12ii 430w as the one most suitable.
Anyway, the VS is a decent psu - you certainly haven't wasted your money or anything like that.

If I get filthy rich then I might go for high end GPU ;-) I used to have a NVIDIA Gforce GT 900 in my previous computer, so I'm aware of the pleasing effects of a GPU. Anyways, thanks guys!

Back