Summer Shopping...

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Some new stuff to ease the life of my rig this summer. :eek:hyeah:
Cooler Master GeminII

The Fans

Installation

Also arranged a 120 mm fan on the side fans panel (instead of the standard 80mm) to blow air onto my 1900XT and added a 120 mm fan for front intake.
Room Temperature: 33~35 deg (Yes its damn hot here :( )

Temperatures before the upgrade.

CPU Idle : 47~48 deg
CPU Load : 56~57 deg

GPU Idle : 68~70 deg
GPU Load : 90~95 deg

HDD : 48 deg

Temperatures after the upgrade.

CPU Idle : 37~38 deg
CPU Load : 47~48 deg

GPU Idle : 55~56 deg
GPU Load : 69~70 deg

HDD : 39 deg

Will try to give more detailed results of the GeminiII when I can find some time. It may not be as good as the U120, but still its doing its job well enough in keeping the temperatures down. A 8~9 degree decrease in load temperature in this summer heat is not bad at all. ;)

Also I used the shitty Cooler Master thermal paste that came with the GeminII. I didn't bother to apply the paste properly either. Careful application of AS5 may yield somewhat better results. :)

wow it is shopping season on TE :p

can't say great buy but will say good buy :eek:hyeah:

huge heatsink & awesome looking fans :O

looks great in the Zebby Jamaica :D

nice 1,. those are good temps. what speed & vcore is the cpu @

also i cant believe ur x1900xt touched 90-95deg. dont u use any software to set the fanspeed manually depending on the temperature

stormblast said:
nice 1,. those are good temps. what speed & vcore is the cpu @

also i cant believe ur x1900xt touched 90-95deg. dont u use any software to set the fanspeed manually depending on the temperature
E6600 @ 2.7 GHz and default vcore. Still I think the temperatures are good considering the fact that it very hot out here. As for the GPU, I do have ATi Tray tools installed and I have setup a temperature - fan speed profile through it. Inspite of that, the temperatures were going 90+ at load.

gaganjain said:
Very big a** heatsink.
Look nice
i have ask does this cool ram too also bcoz of it size.

Yes it does cool the RAM and the rest of the motherboard components below.

Back