Car & Bike Suugestions for Budget ICE Setup for Alto

GreenJay

Disciple
It's been a year since I bought the Alto Lxi and now am planning to get a limited budget ICE setup. Here is what I think and plan to get for awhile.

JBL X330 - My local dealer quoted 2.9k which I think suits my requirements perfectly. Dont need CD, iPod Compatibility and Bluetooth. SD,Aux In, USB support and FM is more than adequate.

Front Speakers - Hertz 1.9k.

I will add the rear later myself in the future and am not planning to fit MDF at the rear.

Please suggest me better front speakers if know one.

BTW, am listening to country, smooth jazz and folk indie, with slight R&B and Hip Hop.

I am sure, I wont get any thumping bass but I hope just the front will suffice for awhile and will add two rear speakers in the future.

Mention the Hertz model number and/or the size of the speaker your Alto accomodates.

The Hertz and JBL combo might sound 'bright'. You'd probably want something a little laidback sounding for Country and Jazz.

Thanks Crazy_Eddy. The dealer recommended I tried the KENWOOD 4-inch speakers on the front, now i have it installed and it sounds a bit muffled. Ill go ahead and try to fit at least 6.5-inch rear speakers whenever my wallet gets heavier but for the time being, need to concentrate on how this dealer can fix this annoying loose-fitting noise which started after fitting the system.

I've not put more than 150 songs yet, let's see. Ill give a try today and let you know. Otherwise, the sound output is ok for my Alto. I used the old Sony Hi-Fi stereo speakers ( 25watts RMS each) which has been lying unused for over 7 years for the rear for the time being, using the FADE option as -1F, the sound is above average. Now, the music sounds heftier and I am actually amazed to see how the X-333 handles these two mini compos speakers. I still feel the mids should have been thicker and highs a bit more refined. However, at cost zero, this is much better than having just two 4-inch front speakers
<

Yeah, I've read about the Pioner MVH -1490UB too, I may give a try after this X-333 konks off. Despite the just one pre-out that it has against the 3-pre-outs on X-333, I don't think I'll ever use amp coz of tight budgets. Anyway, I hope Pioneer offers good sound. Plus, each audio channel has a rated power of 50watts RMS against 25 watts RMS on X333

@OP:

1. How is the USB read performance of the JBL X333?

2. If you put more than 255 tracks in a folder, does it read the 256th track?

I've heard some such issues involving X333 & X555.

http://www.team-bhp....nfirmed-22.html

And,

How good is the new Pioneer MVH-1490UB (USB only, iPod compatible)? Any users here?

http://www.pioneer-i...d=57&Itemid=104

looking at team-bhp threads for feedback on jbl x-333 it is easy to infer that it is ultra cheap HU but it has its share of problems in the longer run.

better go for a HU from pioneer and a model higher up if you need better SQ.

Back