Switching over to TATA Power from Reliance Infra - Anybody ?

Singam

Disciple
Was shocked to get the Sept month bill with the new tariff :eek:. Got to know that tata power gives u the SAME ELECTRICITY at a lower price, and i do have an option to switch over. :hap2:

Did bit of R&D, i would be saving between 550- 900 rs if consuming between 300 to 350 units. Thats a lot ! :!

If :anyone: out there have changed over, pls share ur experience!

Would like to weigh in the pro's and con's of switchover, before taking an decision. :help:

View attachment 12280

Do not know but from what i read from papers tata power is not interested to the switch if there is a single or tens of customers.
They are interested in taking over housing complexes.
So if you could convince the entire locality to do it, then things might materialize.
I suppose you are living in suburbs so then the infrastructure is laid by reliance and tata has no infra there.
So even if the switch does happen you will get the power from reliance with the change of meter.
Reliance would levy some charge as interconnection charges etc.
(They are the masters in disguise in that dept)
So weigh your options accordingly.
The most important thing would be large consumer support for the switch to happen.

Living in Gorai, Borivili West. Well wanted to know the experience of people who have switched over, and if good can ask the society to switch over but the whole locality, NO-NO !

The extra charge is the wheeling charge and is 50 paise per unit, calculated it, still i get to save around 550 -900 rs.

Locality means a sizeable amount of customers.
They were talks going around
When such a thing was allowed but the tatas sad response i think killed the drive in our locality in babhai borivali (w)
:mad:

well me from powai,mumbai....our society changed from RELIANCE TO TATA POWER this month,so the difference will b known next month.

intacto said:
well me from powai,mumbai....our society changed from RELIANCE TO TATA POWER this month,so the difference will b known next month.
What about the power fluctuations and all, heard from news reports that the Guys who switched over have power fluctuation !

Or is that a way to scare away people from switching over to tata ?

jus to scare ppl i guess,because it was done within a day....b4 we knew ,it was done...they jus had to change the meters it seems :)

I am the only one in my building to have Tata Power instead of Reliance, so they do accept individual requests. Got it changed around 7 months back, they tale around a month for the changeover.

the difference in bills is more noticeable only beyond 300 units

also if there is any issue in future, since Tata uses RInfra's network, the guys to resolve the issue will be from RInfra

So, no such thing as power fluctuation and appliances going bad !

Well going to ask parents to switch over!

Attaching a pic of the calculation done by me, on how much saving you get from switching over !

[attachment=6550:12032.attach]

Attachments

• Tata 2 Reliance.jpg
    Tata 2 Reliance.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 58
Even i am planning to do so.

In our locality many people are facing reliance wrath.People who used to get 3-4k bills have received bills as high as 12-15k.

WHen complained in next 3 months they again get normal than again twice as high 7 to 9k.

For me the problem is my connection is still on builders name and i have to change that first.And this reliance are asking documents which are even more than registering your own house.Plus security deposit which we never paid but it came up once bses was transfered to them and all.

To be frank you will surely see 30-60% difference in bills you pay if you chnge.I did detail analysis as our units are almost 300 units.WHereas according to old rates of reliance my bill used to come 750.Now with new rates it went upto 1160 and on contrary tata would cost only 675 much cheaper.

Regarding flutuation and other stuffs.
To be frank its tata's only who is supplying to reliance.Once change you will be getting same from tata.But as networks in your building are maintained by reliance hence some extra charges as crossover is added in bills.But still that wont increase your bill and youll pay less than reliance.

Also reliance have a habit not to accept their meters are faulty.Whenever complained they say you used it meters are not faulty.Once we were out for 15 days in a month but we paid bills almost twice high than we used to be here everyday.Also if you want another meter for your reference in your home you will have to fix yourself at your cost and even if it proves your bill should be less than building meter reliance won accept your inner meter readings under any circumstance.Also charges to change meter should be borne by us.But product should be of them not ours.

Back